Knight wolverine 209 ?

6x7

Very Active Member
I have the short barrel And its just been sitting in my cabinet for 4 years,I decided I am going to use this as my main weapon this year for deer here in California.
What I am looking for is suggestions on bullets/sabots and scope since anythings legal on a muzzy during the general season,I have power belts, hornady FPB's and 50 no excusses on the way, which is what I use when I do hunt colarado.

It's a .50 sorry I didn't know they made diffrent scopes for diffrent calibers, or that bullet types realy made that much difference between .45 and.50 cal.

Mine is the longer barrel version as is my friends, but both of us have terrific luck shooting loose 777 ffg and 285-300 grain sabots. Excellent rifle that has been extremely durable and reliable.

FH

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't Kalifornia a non lead state now, and if so Barns bullets will be the only bullet you can shoot.

Nim

Never believe Internet rumors were only non lead in what they all condor range in the south state.

>Mine is the longer barrel version
>as is my friends, but
>both of us have terrific
>luck shooting loose 777 ffg
>and 285-300 grain sabots. Excellent
>rifle that has been extremely
>durable and reliable.
>
>FH

FH it the sabot part I am not familiar with ,what bullet brand sabots are you shooting?

LAST EDITED ON Aug-16-13 AT 04:16PM (MST)[p]I shoot a Speer .451 260 grain HP with a Traditions easy glide sabot over 100 grains of Triple 777 FF. Took many whitetail and 2 black bears with this combo. Very accurate load in my rifle,a Knight LK93 50 cal. stainless with a custom made laminate stock.a great old rifle.

I have had really good luck with the 300 grain Hornady SST or TC Shockwaves (although I liked replacing their sabots with the Harvester sabots from Cabelas as the petals were slightly thinner and a little easier to get down my barrel). The standard SST and Shockwaves were really hard to get down the barrel. Most recently, I have been shooting the Barnes Spitfire 285 grainers and they are terrific in my gun. I also had good results with the Barnes MZ expander 300 grainer.

I have shot deer with the SST and with the Barnes Shockwave and never recovered a bullet. Always full penetration. In fact, always DRT (down right there).

FH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom