KO'd Twice now!

kilowatt

Watched the Roy Jones Jr. vs. Glenn Johnson fight tonight on HBO. Couldn't have happened in a better round, the 9th. Johnson KO'd Jones, sweetest KO to see, he was flat knocked out and stiff as a board.
Last week Oscar de La Hoya was KO'd in the 9th by a well place below the rib shot and knocked the breath out of Oscar. In this fight, that was re-run tonight, I knew what had happened but have always like watching Oscar. On the other hand, Jones needed his jive-talking rump kicked again to show him he isn't the baddest one around, he ego got too high and was his downfall.
The commentators all agreed Jones should retired after two KO's so time will tell and the same with Oscar.

Brian

yeah i think jones should retire, too. tarver took a lot of his confidence i think when he knocked him down in their fight. and i agree with you, seeing jones bounce of the mat like that was pretty awesome to see.

oscar just needs to go back to his own weight class or retire. it'll be a shame when he does decide to retire, he's my favorite boxer to watch. i feel bad for how he got ko'd, those liver shots even hurt like hell to watch. if none of you have ever gotten a good solid punch to the liver, i reccomend it. that'll let you know what pain really is.

Krusty.jpg

I too like Oscar and hope that he can get back on track and fight again in a lower weight division than middleweight.

I have taken a shot to the liver and it makes a grown man cry, it hurts so much. Happened to me in the Army boxing with a fellow trainee and we became good friends for the rest of the school. Turned out he was the past Golden Glove State Heavyweight Champ of W.V.

Brian

alcohol and ego got the best of me and i challenged my friend, a former junior olympic boxer, to a boxing match. i was too proud and stubborn to guit while i could still move under my own power, so he gave me a quick shot to the liver. decided the floor was the best place for me to stay for the rest of the night. can't believe i'm still friends with that guy.

Krusty.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom