Kodiak Island Sitka numbers

orion23

Very Active Member
headed there thanksgiving week and was wondering if anyone knows how the deer numbers are there. do you see a lot of deer??? i can only imagine that the deer numbers are good if they allow 3 tags but just curious as to what a hunter has to say.

Travis
www.RidgelineOutdoors.com
Blacks-Creek Pack Dealer
Havalon Knife Dealer

Just got back from the South end of the island,we saw over 100 bucks in 5 days of semi huntable weather.Only 2 bears and the bucks were rutting good. Good luck! BH1

Wondering how the hunt with HOC went. I was there the same time last year and had a great hunt. Hope you had a good time!

we absolutely hammered them. lots of quality bucks. i shot 2 4x3's about 95 inches. could have shot several more bucks of the same caliber but didnt see the point. out of 6 guys, 15 bucks killed. the only 3 tags not filled were mine and 1 other guy that didnt feel like shooting any more. he killed just 1 and was a 100 inch 3x3 with eye guards.

there was near 10 inches of snow all the way to the beach. only 1.5 days we were stuck on the boat due to weather. not sure we could have had it any better.

Travis
Blacks-Creek Pack Dealer
Havalon Knife Dealer

LAST EDITED ON Nov-29-11 AT 09:28PM (MST)[p]Nice! Congrats

We had almost zero snow last year. Had to go up to 1500-2000' to get to snowline. Were deer down to the beach?? Were they still rutting?? Did you have any bowhunters in the group?

there was about 10 inches on the beach. the deer were all pretty low. some of the guys shot them off the beach! many of the bucks were still chasing does but not all.

no one brought a bow on the boat mostly because of the weight restrictions of 60lbs.

Travis
Blacks-Creek Pack Dealer
Havalon Knife Dealer

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom