KSL Robo-deer story

they had one in new mexico last year trying to get people to shoot off the road . from what i saw i'll bet alot of hunters fell for it.

Youtube has a bunch of videos of people doing it. It's pretty funny to see them shoot at the deer 3-5 times and just stare at it like wtf.

when I was 14 I shot at an elk about 300 yards off the road. It was raining hard on the oregon coast and we were road hunting. I got out and shot twice, my dad said somethings wrong and about that time the cop pulled up.

We didnt get a ticket but they tried for about an hour with everything from illegal parking, shooting off the road and not controlling a minor.

When they told my dad "not controlling a minor" he went off and was so mad. Finally the 1 cop left for his truck and the other cop said "you guys did great have a nice day"

I have no problem with these at night but in an open area during open season 99 out of 100 hunters are going to shoot off the road and not the 30ft easment your suppose to get off.

Lol id love to be in the weeds with a video camera

I once saw a video from the mid-west where the wardens were taping & watching a potential poacher in a Toyota pick-up. Much to their chagrin, and before they could stop the "poacher", he must have figured the deer for a fake...he put pedal to the metal and rammed their robodeer! Don't know how it ever played out in court, but it was all captured on video...they charged him with reckless driving and destruction of State property!I guess not cool, but it was funny to watch as both wardens ran toward their deer yelling and shouting, but too late to save it!:-(

so funny! there probably saying to themselves.... my scope must be off its still standing lol

They set one of those up a couple years ago in scofield on the mine property and a lot of people got busted

In MN I got to watch this happen, the 3 game wardens set up a decoy in the field at the house I was visiting. The other two were hiding a mile down the road in each direction. They got 6 or 7 trucks that one morning in about 3 or 4 hours. a couple just shot off their hoods, a couple would get off the road a little bit. One guy did a "rolling" jump, his buddy slowed down to about 10mph and he bailed into the ditch all sneaky like.

The one guy had to reload, he ended up shooting like 7 times. Very funny stuff.
Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

I saw one of these up blacksmith fork canyon in northern utah! course i have seen videos and talked to game wardens about it because i am in college to become a Wildlife Officer. my buddy was so amazed there was such a big buck right next to the road i just sat there and laughed my head off.

Don't pass on the first day if you would shoot it the last day

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom