KUIU back order BS

400or200

What the heck good is the stuff if a guy can never buy any!!!! Most all of their stuff is constantly back ordered!! Might as well go somewhere else. Anyone one have any answers or recommendations ?

Get on the waiting list. I now have everything that I ordered on Black Friday. A lot of it doesn't ever show up as in-stock online because they are constantly filling backorders, but stuff is coming in and shipping weekly.

PS. Attack pants and Yukon jackets both shipped within the last three weeks.

Grizzly

It makes you want to scream, I hear you. but, it's the best stuff on the market so it's worth it.

Like Griz says, put your order in now and you'll have it before fall.

Stay thirsty my friends

As cutting edge as they are, they still can't figure out that there are people over 5'10"! Start making longer inseams!

Exactly- I have been putting off buying new mountain gear (camo) for a few years and actually at Christmas lucked out and got a good sized gift certificate for Kuiu. My problem with all of the backorder stuff is the "fit". I'm sure about half of what I order will have to be returned for a different size which will probably make this a 1 yr project!

>Exactly- I have been putting off
>buying new mountain gear (camo)
>for a few years and
>actually at Christmas lucked out
>and got a good sized
>gift certificate for Kuiu. My
>problem with all of the
>backorder stuff is the "fit".
>I'm sure about half of
>what I order will have
>to be returned for a
>different size which will probably
>make this a 1 yr
>project!

I often order two sizes of an item, a Medium and a Large, and return the one that doesn't fit as well.

Grizzly

>>Exactly- I have been putting off
>>buying new mountain gear (camo)
>>for a few years and
>>actually at Christmas lucked out
>>and got a good sized
>>gift certificate for Kuiu. My
>>problem with all of the
>>backorder stuff is the "fit".
>>I'm sure about half of
>>what I order will have
>>to be returned for a
>>different size which will probably
>>make this a 1 yr
>>project!
>
>I often order two sizes of
>an item, a Medium and
>a Large, and return the
>one that doesn't fit as
>well.
>
>Grizzly

Maybe everyone is doing that and it's why they are always out of everything!

Ditto to Grizz,

I have two pair of pants on order in two sizes and I will return the one that doesn't fit.
The inventory problem seems related to their business model.
Their low inventories are designed to keep their costs down and their items more reasonably priced. That's a two edged sword, if customers are used to getting what they want, when they want.

Sitka, which also has great products, has taken the high inventory approach, but you pay way more for the convenience of always having things in stock. IMO

I'm 6'2" inseams are fine for my height. Fit is exactly as advertised. I wear a 36 waist in KUIU and everything else I wear. The only thing I ever waited on was the gaiters. Gonna put my order in for the Yukon gear this week knowing It'll take a while but its the off season right now.

Traditional >>>------->

Making an item intentionally hard to get is nothing new. It is a business model perfected by the LA club scene long ago, most refer to it as the "velvet rope".

Make something seem exclusive or hard to get and people will clamor for it. It works, just look at this thread.....

Buy what is available, I would bet more giant animals have been killed over the years by people wearing blue jeans than high end camo clothes.

In Kuiu's case I don't think it has anything to do with games it's just money. they just can't afford to overstock. and they're always improving and introducing new products. Jason loses a lot of sales due to lacking supply, so it's illogical to assume it's intentional.

I still wear Wranglers unless the weather is real bad. I just feel silly in camo pants. but for everything else I can't get enough Kuiu , or Sitka if I have to.

Stay thirsty my friends

Your explanation makes sense to me. A long supply chain combined with endless design changes is tough to manage. You have a 100% probability of either eating inventory or back-ordering -- no two ways about it.

I ordered (back-ordered) a pack last week before I saw this thread :)

>In Kuiu's case I don't think
>it has anything to do
>with games it's just money.
> they just can't afford
>to overstock. and they're always
>improving and introducing new products.
> Jason loses a lot
>of sales due to lacking
>supply, so it's illogical to
>assume it's intentional.
>
>I still wear Wranglers unless
>the weather is real bad.
>I just feel silly in
>camo pants. but for
>everything else I can't get
>enough Kuiu , or Sitka
>if I have to.