Kwiver or No Kwiver

completesportsman

Long Time Member
I have always done my bowhunting from a treestand and always take my kwiver off and hang it beside me. This fall I'm going on a spot and stalk hunt. Do any of you other archers out there that do spot and stalk hunts take your kwiver off? Do you hunt with it off or take it off for the shot? Or just hunt and shoot with it on the bow?

LAST EDITED ON May-14-08 AT 12:49PM (MST)[p]I have always hunted and sighted in my bow with the quiver mounted on my hunting bow. If it bothers you use a hip quiver or buy a smaller capacity 3-4 arrow bow mounted model. If you practice with it on the bow, you get used to it before the season and you won't know it's there. It really doesn't effect your accuracy and you should adjust your sights for it. Some guys actually shoot better with them on there because it adds weight to their bow. I don't think I'd want the hassel of going back and picking it up after making a stalk because sometimes you head back to the truck or camp in a different manner or may be able to make another stalk on the same animal. This works for me but you have to do what works for you.

I use a four arrow quiver mounted to my bow. The quiver that I use fits very tight against the riser, to have a minimal effect on bow balance.

I have tried hipquivers in the past and have found that they tend to make too much noise while working my way through the ever-present oak brush.

LAST EDITED ON May-16-08 AT 12:08PM (MST)[p]http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/User_files/482daec5134756f1.jpg
I use the safari cat quiver. I have used this pack for a while now and have no complaints.Well the only thing is I wish i would have gotten a bigger pack. It is easy to get to your arrows.all you do is reach around and push up on the arrow and out it comes.You don't have take your pack off or anything!They accommodate all size arrows so length is no problem. and like I said they come in diffrent size packs.
~Coolarrow!

I like to have my arrows with me for a spot and stalk. If you take off the quiver to stalk, get close and get a shot, if you need another arrow for a follow up you don't have it. I like mine to be with me and accessible at all times.

I leave mine on, matter of fact I bought the 2 piece quiver from Mathews that bolts to the riser and can't come off. There have been way to many times my quiver would get in the way when going through thick brush and get pulled off or when rideing horses through thick stuff it would snag on things and come off. If you have your quiver on your bow your arrows are right there and easy to grab another one if you miss or need another shot real quick...works for me.

I would get one that mounts on your bow. One less thing to worry about when moving or stalking.
I have found Alpine quivers with 4 arrows in it laying out. Bet that guy was bummed when he could not find it.

I like a quiver on my back. I modified my hip quiver so it rides on my back. It rides real nice when I am crawling sneaking or walking. I tried that fancy quiver above at cabelas but didn't like it. I don't like the quiver on my bow if I am crawling.
Mike

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom