L.E. ELK RIFLE SURVEY???

B

bobcatbess

WELL!!!

I SPENT SOME TIME IN A COUPLE OF THE L.E. BIG STINKY BULL UNITS AGAIN THIS YEAR!!!

I NOTICED AGAIN THIS YEAR ALL THE RIFLE HUNTERES BUT A COUPLE WERE IN FULL CAMO!!!

NOT THAT I GIVE A RATS REAR!!!

BUT I'M LOOKING FOR HONEST ANSWERS FROM YOU LUCKY SUCKERS THAT PULLED THE PERMITS!!!

DID YOU WEAR YOUR FULL CAMO???

WERE YOU LAW ABIDING & WEAR YOUR 400 SQUARE INCHES OF ORANGE AT ALL TIMES???

IT MUST BE UN-ETHICAL TO WEAR ORANGE DURING A BIG STINKY BULL HUNT???

DO YOU HAVE THE ATTITUDE OF AFTER TAKING 12-13 YEARS TO PULL THE TAG ITS YOUR RIGHT TO DO AS YOU DAMN WELL PLEASE???

JUST LOOKING FOR THE TRUTH!!!

IT DON'T BOTHER ME EITHER WAY!!!

JUST WONDERING HOW MANY OF YOU WILL ADMIT TO IT PLEASE???

THE ONLY bobcat THINKING THESE BIG STINKY BULLS WOULDN'T CARE IF YOU WORE A PINK POKA-DOTTED SHIRT!!!

I THINK I'LL LET RIMROCK TAKE THE 5TH ON THIS QUESTION!!!

THE ONLY bobcat THINKING LETS JUST SAY HE ALREADY ANSWERED THE QUESTION!!!

I can honestly say that 2 years ago when I had my tag, I had my hunter orange on everyday that I was hunting. I only saw one other hunter the entire time, and that was opening day. After that I was alone on the mountain.

TUFF

HEY TUFF BUFF!!!

I WAS THINKING AFTER I STARTED THE THREAD!!!

AND WAS THINKING,I'LL BET TUFF BUFF TELLS ME HE WAS WEARING HIS ORANGE!!!

I REMEMBER YOU AS A STRAIGHT SHOOTER!!!

THE ONLY bobcat WAITING FOR MORE HONEST ANSWERS!!!

I was down there in Bess's neck of the woods a few weeks back doing the youth elk hunt with my kid. One of the questions I asked was whether I, as an adult accopanying a hunter with a tag, had to meet the same requirements as the hunter. They said no. WTF? As far as I'm concerned, anyone out in the woods during a rifle season should be wearing the full safety orange whether he has a tag or not.

I made my kid wear what was req'd. He generally wore his fleece blaze camo hoodie to boot. I wore what was required too. Not that we ran into any other hunters, but . . .

It sure helped me out when we where putting the moves on a PISSCUTTER with about 1/2 hour of shooting light. The kid was going full bore and I was huffin' and puffin' to keep within sight thru the quakies and pines.

I've gotten to the point that I wear blaze camo here in Alaska even tho none is req'd. I've had so many deer approach within 5 yds that I KNOW THEY CAN'T SEE IT. All this camo crap/patterns are so overrated IMO. Don't even get me started on "scentlock."

MM

P.S. - I kept looking for your rig BCB. I figured it'd be the one with the "Pisscutters are for pussies" and/or "does are dolts" bumpersticker.

MM!!!

JUST WONDERING HOW YOU & YOUR BOY DONE???

MY RIG WAS IN AN L.E. UNIT THE FIRST PART OF SEASON SO IT WOULD OF BEEN HARD FOR YOU TO SEE!!!

THE LAST WEEKEND OF YOUR BOYS HUNT,WELL I SEEN PISSCUTTERS GALORE,I HOPE YOU SCORED???

MY RIG IS THE ONE WITH THE BUMPER STICKERS YOU MENTIONED!!!

THE ONLY bobcat HOPEING YOUR BOY SCORED,LET ME KNOW???

Last year on my hunt I wore jeans an orange hoodie and an orange hat. Shot my bull at 30 yards with my rifle and didn't spray one once of sent on me. I did smell like my horses though.

I hunted south slope diamond mountain this year as a non resident and I wore my orange vest and hat. Brian

I had a non-resident tag in 2004. Wore my hunter orange every minute I was hunting. My hunting partner also wore orange, even though he didn't have to. I never seen another hunter during my hunt, so don't know if any of the others wore it?

Hey Bobcat,

I take it that you have a specific state(s) in mind. Is your post limited to Utah? I believe some states do not require that you wear blaze orange for a Limited Entry firearm elk hunt.

Please clariy. For the record I did not wear blaze in the Valle Vidal last year. (Not required.)

Grizzly

Hey Bobcat,

I can't tell you about Hunter orange, but my friend was down on the Manti on his LE muzzleloader elk tag and he found a 3x3 bull and a 6x1 bull that were shot and left on the LE rifle hunt. I am guessing those "hunters" were not wearing their required hunter orange.

Bobcat,
I don't own any orange. I had to borrow some for my hunt in Colorado last year and I am breaking down and making a trip to Cabelas to buy some orange for my whitetail hunt in Kansas this year. I don't think orange is very fassionable and it makes the grey in my hair and beard stand out.

It's always an adventure!!!

GRIZZLYHUNTER!!!

I'M TALKING ABOUT THESE UTARDS HERE IN UTARD!!!

LOL,WHOLELOTTABULL!!!

AT LEAST ONE GUY WILL ADMIT TO IT!!!

I'M STILL WAITING TO HEAR FROM THE CAMO WEARING JUNKIES!!!

COUGH THE TRUTH UP,IT'S O.K.,JUST ADMIT IT!!!

I'VE BEEN KNOWN TO WEAR A LITTLE CAMO!!!

BUT IF YOU THINK I'M DUMB ENOUGH TO GO CAMO DURING THE GENERAL RIFLE DEER HUNT THINK AGAIN!!!

THE ONLY bobcat THINKING YOU BOYS PROBABLY WOULDN'T ADMIT TO BREAKING THE LAW ON YOUR WHEELER EITHER NOW WOULD YA???

Screw the orange. I'm wearing HOT A** PINK!
After all the talk I have heard about New Mexico's big bulls being gay this year. I'm leaving the camo and scentlok at home. Maybe a nice dash of cologne. "Come on BIG BOYS!"

Seriously. I do not wear orange. It is not req'd in NM except on Youth hunts in V.C. and military hunts.

MM!!!

JUST WONDERING HOW YOU & YOUR BOY DONE???

I sent you a write up - to your email in your profile. If that's not the right one, PM me.

We hunted pretty hard for 5 days, but no horses, ATV's or hardcore 4x4-ing.

We had our chances - shoulda, woulda, coulda sob story. Had a chance at a satellite pisscutter and a 6x6 herd bull. It was a quality hunting experience, but folks here are more into the "what did it score?" mindset. (that's my rationalization for getting skunked on a first-ever elk hunt.)

Some modeling of blaze camo garments:

That'd be me . . .

344743.jpg

That's be the kid . . .

344745.jpg

Forgot to mention the best part of the UT youth elk hunt. A local guy whose kid had a youth tag took the trouble to track me down a turned me onto where they had located some bugling bulls. He wasn't going to hunt the middle of the week and didn't mind us hunting the same spot. We didn't score, but what was really cool is that they got one on the last weekend before the hunt ended.

MM

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom