La sal archery hunt 2020

Drew out general archery in the la sals.. very used to high country living in co and have shed hunted in the la sals a bunch.. we find deer sheds often but nothing bigger than 150 type deer.. my question is are the better bucks in the area or is a 150 class deer something one should consider a better buck up there? Thanks!

In Utah, anything over a forky is a trophy. Every unit is capable and holds trophy deer, but a 150 4-point is about as good as any unit is producing on a regular basis.

Seems like everything I kill is earned trophy or not haha... that was my plan up there but it looks like getting into the high country is pretty dang easy over there.. I know it’s a general tag so I should be prepared for competition I would guess?

I hunted La Sal in 2016 for archery elk. After the opening weekend of the archery deer hunt , I saw a total of two guys hunting deer. The best bucks I saw were right at timberline. I saw two that were close to 180. It’s a thic unit and glassing is a bit of a challenge. But it’s a cool place. PM me if you’d like. I have a spot or two you might check out

Been hunting that unit for 25 years. There are a few bucks better than 150 here and there but not many. I’ve probably personally killed 6-8 in the 165-185 range. If you get a good shot at a 150 w a bow I’d take it.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom