La Sal, La Sal Mountains Elk ?

440sixpack

Is this hunt any good for the early rifle? stats show it as one of the lowest success rates of any early rifle hunt but yet says elk numbers are good. 340 is about top end?

In Oregon we're used to weak G3's so I can live with that.

Would it be considered a quality hunt for a 330+ bull or is that expecting too much?

+1 Cantkillathing said
Lots of bulls with good area's for elk,There are a few Big bulls here and there scouting will help put you in the right area's. Elk are all over the mountain not in just one or two spots. Some great glassing area's too.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

I hear private land is a major issue, I'm not sure if they mean it's hard to get a good bull without access or if hunting in general without access is a problem. is a 330-340 bull a realistic goal? I really don't want to blow my points on a hunt where that kind of bull is a long shot.

I've never hunted it and my occupation is going to prevent me from being there before the season at all. is a guide going to be needed to do well considering that? if anyone has an idea of who I might be able to get I'd like to talk to them before I apply.

I heard that public land access may be a problem on this unit...did any of you guys experience that?

copple2

Well there are some BIG ranches around the Mountain, but the public land does hold elk also. It seem you see more elk on the private because it has more feed,But the move to and from the public to private and back again. So you will see elk on the muntain too.I like the South Mesa area for hunting in the rut.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom