Lake tahoe in July

P

PDub

Hello fellow MM'ers:

I have a question and need some guidance. My better half is in a wedding end of July. I an thus forced into going...so I figured why she is doing wedding things, it would be a great opportunity to get a line wet. Can anyone suggest places to fish, or maybe a guide who does day fishing trips on the lake? Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Scott G.

PDub, my family and I have been going up there for the past three years in July and staying a week at North Shore. I'm not sure if your going to N. Shore or S. Shore but if it's North Shore then I can help ya. We have fished the Truckee river from the bank, we just drive the road and pull over at the wide spots then hike down to the river and fish the holes. You have to be careful where you fish because of the laws about barbless and bait. Two years ago my boy and I chartered a boat and went out on the lake and caught somw Macs. that was a lot of fun, in fact I think we might do that again this year.

We are heading up there the end of July first of Aug.

Good luck,

Slide

I am going to Tahoe this weekend (Jun27-29) and have a trip booked with a guide for Macs. The guy came highly recomended from my buddies dad who has fished with him for 20+ years. I will let you know what I thought and the details early next week.

Moose

Slide- Good to know. I'm not sure what side of the lake we're staying. I think S. Lake. But I will double check. Thanks for the info...

Moose- I will be anxious to hear your report. Good luck and hook em up. Thanks...

Scott G.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom