Lake tahoe in July

P

PDub

Hello fellow MM'ers:

I have a question and need some guidance. My better half is in a wedding end of July. I an thus forced into going...so I figured why she is doing wedding things, it would be a great opportunity to get a line wet. Can anyone suggest places to fish, or maybe a guide who does day fishing trips on the lake? Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Scott G.

Scott- I don't have any info for you but you may want to post this on the California forum as well. Just a thought. Sounds like you've got the right idea to take some time for yourself and have some fun. Good luck.

Steve

LAST EDITED ON Jun-26-08 AT 10:58AM (MST)[p]Scott,
I will call my sister as she lives there in South Lake Tahoe and she might know the name of a few boats that take fishermen out, he husband use to fish up there.
Try this as I just did a Google and came up with this one and there are probably others to check with there.

http://www.tahoesportfishing.com/

Brian

Steve- good thought, I'll do that.

Calielkslayer- I know it may not be prime time, but I'm making the best of the situation. :)

Kilowatt- I'd really appreciate that gesture. Very nice of you to do that. I will check out that site...as well as the others on the google search.

Thanks guys...I really appreciate your assistance.

Scott

LAST EDITED ON Jun-26-08 AT 03:08PM (MST)[p]I remember the Mustang Ranch on the other side of Reno towards Fallon had a neat fishing hole.100% GUIDED TOO...

LAST EDITED ON Jun-26-08 AT 04:08PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jun-26-08 AT 04:07 PM (MST)

Believe it or not, I have been told there is good fishing behind "THE RANCH". A guy I know caught some good sized rainbows out of there with a fly. (Boy I worded all that wrong):)

Wonder what kind of bait you'd use behind the Mustang Ranch! LOL

Thanks for the link Horniac...I will check it out.

Thanks guys...you've been a big help.

Scott G.

The Mustang is all fished out but there are some other ranch fishing holes in the area and the best producing bait would be a few Franklins, Roosevelts and Jeffersons. Goodluck and always wear protection from bugs. fatrooster.

First I want to thank everyone for their comments and input. After lots of calls and research, I decided to book my fishing trip with Tahoe Sport Fishing Co.

Thanks Kilowatt for the referral. I spoke with them on several different occasions and feel they are the outfit to try. I'm excited about this, this will be my first guided fishing expedition. It's still a month away, but I will post my story and pics when I return.

Thanks again for all your help. I'm glad to see fellow MM'ers willing to help a fella out. Kudos to all...

Scott G.

Scott,
Have a good trip and knocked the heck out of them out there. I talked with my sister last weekend BUT she is still down in Sedona, AZ and told me when she got back to Tahoe this week, she would call a friend of her late husbands. I will tell her not to bother now with asking the guy up there.

Hope it all works out for you, just don't fall overboard that lake is one COLD lake. If you have time to take the tram up to the top of Heavenly, ask the young guy operating the tram if his name is Rich. If so, that is my nephew and tell him I said to treat you good. LOL

Brian

Brain-

Thanks for the tip. We just might do that...I do have to spend some time w/ my little lady! SO, that sounds like a fun trip. If we do it I will for sure see if your nephew is there and tell him you said hello.
I'll try not to fall in the lake...lol...but if the fish is BIG enough, I'll do what I have to to get him in the boat! HAHA!!!
Hope your sis is having fun in Sedona...its a great place.
Have a HAPPY 4th! Thanks again and I'll for sure knock em dead.

Scott G.

There is a lot of good stream fishing north of lake tahoe. If you take Highway 89 north out of Truckee you'll find plenty of stream and lake opportunities. Perhaps your best source of current fishing information in the Tahoe area is Mountain Hardware in Truckee. They have a good fishing department in the store, with up to date fishing reports as well as guide information.

As for those other "fishing" places in Nevada, I can't help you there, sorry. I can tell you that the Mustang Ranch no longer exists, but the Truckee River still flows just on the south side of Mustang.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom