Lake Trout mount

Runnoft

Here is a Flaming Gorge lake trout I just finished for a customer.

4a386fa956243c68.jpg

Very nice,Runnoft!Where are you located,and how long have you been doing fish?It's very hard to find a good fish taxidermist.Are the gills open?Can't really tell from the pic.Also,what does the mouth look like inside?Looks awesome from what I can see,though.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm in the Salt Lake City area and have been doing fish for two years. I only do fish. The gills are closed. I generally close them on trout unless the customer requests them open. The head is a cast. There is good detail in the mouth. I'll try to get a picture of the mouth to send to you. Brad

Brad -

Do you have a website and do you need the actual fish or photos and measurements? I'll be fishing the Flaming Gorge for a couple of days in early Oct when I finish my antelope hunt in WY. In the event I catch a trophy Brown I am considering a mount of it.

Thanks!

Scott
Member: RMEF, SCI, and NRA

It is the real skin, but it is painted. The paint is very light and most of the natural pattern shows through. I do halibut tails. They're replicas though. The real fin would shrink too much to look good mounted.

Scott, I'm in the process of putting together a website. It most likely won't be up until August. I do both replicas and skin mounts. I prefer good close up pictures and measurements for replicas. The replicas look great, as good as a skin mount.
Good luck on your antelope hunt and I hope you catch a pig. Brad

Good deal, Brad!! I'll keep a watch for an announcement from you. :)

Scott
Member: RMEF, SCI, NRA, and TU

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom