Laminated walnut stocks?

huntindad4

Very Active Member
About five or six years ago I saw an article in one of the gun mags about laminated stocks and they showed some made from walnut that were gorgeous and I would like to look into them but can't find it or anything on the Internet.

I want wood on a new build I am thinking about but don't really care for most laminated stocks for this build (pre-64 model 70 that I want to look semi-factory but shoot custom) but the stocks I am speaking of were hard to tell were laminated.

Any help would be great!

Bill

Kill the buck that makes YOU happy!

I believe the company you are looking for was called acccu-bond laminates.The stockmaker who ran it was Mel Smart.I seems that they are no longer in bussiness.

That's the one RayO.

They sold to Serengetti stock works I think and if you google that it goes to a site that builds rifles and will sell you a stock but it's a bit pricy so I was hoping to find another doing similar work. The stocks and rifles for that matter are gorgeous. I think it's Kilamanjero rifles.

Still looking for another source for WALNUT lam stocks if anyone has any ideas.

Bill

Kill the buck that makes YOU happy!

I just cruised through Stocky Stock and seen they have a few there which might fit the bill.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom