Lance Armstrong

I ain't givin Him alot of Credit!

It's like a Poacher that Lies for years & then down the road he gets his Ass Busted!

I'm not Impressed!

You realize how much money this Joker has Milked out of the people of the USA?

"""Supporting Speed Limits doesn't make You Anti Car"""

No & You'll never Fix STUPID or WACKO'S by changing Gun Laws You Dumb BITTCH!

Probably the biggest ego in sports but I'm glad he came clean. I won't bury him, I'll wait to see how/if he redeems himself. Reliable source says is he's going to blow the whistle on the big time officials and organizations that helped him cheat the system. Should get interesting.

I would not give him much credit also. Lied for years and collected big bucks on suing people that stated he did dope.
The ironic thing was that he sponsered a bill in CA. to add even higher taxes on ciggarettes for smokers, and here he was a damn doper all along. The bill was defeated and I think it's defeat was because most people saw it as another tax and was highly suspect of Lance Armstrong lying about his doping.

RELH

Man that's a hard call. What an arrogant plick but he did raise $500,000,000 for cancer research.

I've never been into boy's in spandex anyways. I'll stick with NASCAR.

Slick

"The Road goes on forever & the Party never Ends"

He is one of Ziggy's idols. Might have a few things in common between the two of them.

RELH

>He is one of Ziggy's idols.
>Might have a few things
>in common between the two
>of them.
>
>
>
>
>RELH

huh?

All bike riders dope are on dope or are just dopes

who farted?

I dont know, I just think there are more athletes do some kind of performance enhancing drug than dont. And most dont ever get caught, biggest reason he did is because he was on top more than others and looked at more. But the guy brought more to his sport than anyone else ever had and probably ever will. He is what made the sport into what it is today. Without him, no one would even know what cycling was. I just think that most these pro athletes will do ANYTHING to keep the edge, and therefore, like I said, I believe the majority of them dope in one way or another.

They sell their soles to the devil to be the best for 10 years of their life...until the truth comes out. I look forward to a lot of asterisk's in the future record books.

He did do a lot of good for the cancer movement but that doesn't mean what he did was ok. So he's going to help bring down who helped him cheat the system? He owes all who believed in him waaaay more than that.

What gets me is why did he open up to Oprah.....I can't stand her. I would have liked to see Stephen A. Smith get that info first. He would have broken that news in a much more entertaining way. :)

Steve
Hell, it's bigger than anything BESS has killed.

Performance Enhancing Drugs(PED's) were around when i was playing ball back in the seventies! I really get a kick out of many of the sports writers who claim of "The Steroid Era", like it "was" a specific time frame. They either don't have a clue, likely because most of them weren't athletes themselves, what has been going on for decades or they choose to mislead, to protect their own particular favorite guys, their readership.

There are MILLIONS of dollars involved and guys have been looking and will continue to look for an edge over their competition, has been that way from day one.

I feel sad for the guys that Armstrong discredited and brought down in his attempt to cover up his use! Screw him, he caught caught, he's doing damage control, no pity what so ever from me even though i think his best competitors were also using and he was the best of the best.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

I have always been a big Lance Armstrong fan, but now my opinion of him has changed, big time.

Even the guys that finished 2nd and 3rd to him the years he won the tour have been caught/banned for doping so I guess he was just the best cheater.

The story though is about to get very interesting. I've read that some BIG names and BIG companies are involved and they are going to get ratted out.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-16-13 AT 06:07AM (MST)[p]Nothing more than a liar...The guy is a bum and I hope they take every penny he owns.

What really gets me though is he was sponsered by the postal service....The feds were sponsering him and the postal service is billions in debt??? Typical waste of tax payers money!!!

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

For years I accepted Lance at his word. I defended him when people questioned whether he used PEDs. He was so aggressive in going after anyone who would accuse him. He destroyed others lives who would have the audacity to challenge his claims.

So at the end of the day, we now know he is a cheat, he is a fraud, he did so for personal gains, he destroyed innocent lives. I will forever believe he not worth anyone's respect or admiration.

He is only coming clean to benefit himself. He even sued and won millions against people who accused him of cheating. He has poor character and I don't believe for a minute that he is sorry, or has changed. He is only sorry he got caught.

Cheater,

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

I read he is only coming clean now because he wants to be able to compete again in running and triathlon events. He has been banned for life but if he blows the whistle on everyone else that was involved I think he has an agreement in place to be able to compete in those type events again.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-16-13 AT 12:25PM (MST)[p]I have been a supporter of his and he lied to ME. He is coming clean for one reason: money! Not good enough and never will be. You gave too little too late lancey boy. I write you off now and forever. Plenty of other cancer charities to contribute to.

Also, there has always been a nagging question in my mind: was his first bought of cancer brought on by using PED (anabolic steroids or others)? Then he switched to the newer generation of drugs not linked with cancer.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

I absolutely 100% agree that this is all about the almighty dollar. Why Oprah? Duh, she has bajillions of dollars! I'm sure he gets a hefty payday from her for that interview so why not come clean? The problem is that even after he comes clean, he won't be shunned or punished by the public too much because people like drama and he'll probably end up with a book deal too for even more money.

Lance Armstrong is going to laugh all the way to the bank when this is all said and done. At his age I'm sure he won't give a rat's ass about ever competing again especially when he's sipping cocktails in the tropics on his luxury yacht. What needs to happen is IMO he needs to go to prison for consumer fraud. Think about it, companies sponsored him and used him in commercials that we consumers see in order to persuade us to buy their products. He fraudulantly represented himself to be something he was not for financial gain and should be made an example of. Hell it might make other dipshit athleted dopers think twice about doing it themselves.

At the very least, this guy should NEVER be given another second of media time and should be shunned by the public.

Wait till all those people he sued for calling him a "doper" come back to get him for being right intially and all the trials he lied in.... Oh and you think the government (postal sponsorship) didn't have something in the contract about cheating (doping)... they will come after him to get their money back too.... I alway supported that POS, well F*** him and his faggety bicycle!

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

All the outrage kind of cracks me up.
If the public knew just how many of their beloved sports heroes that they've idolized all these years have "juiced up" their head would freakin explode.

HH I understand what you are saying. The thing that makes me so outraged at Lance, is that I bought into his outrage of how he would make it clear how he would never participate in such cheating activities, especially after beating cancer, and how he was the most tested athlete, etc., etc., etc.,... As previously stated, I would readily defend him when others questioned his position.

That deliberate effort to defraud everyone for so long, to ruin other peoples lives when he was challenged, etc. puts him, at least in my mind, as a much worse fraud and POS than your average cheater.

Jim

>All the outrage kind of cracks
>me up.
>If the public knew just how
>many of their beloved sports
>heroes that they've idolized all
>these years have "juiced up"
>their head would freakin explode.
>

One of the reasons I don't idolize anyone in sports.. They are not hero's..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Couple of thoughts. He still was a kick a$$ biker, lost a testie, started a foundation directly resulting in the raising of around $500m, most likely the top 25 contenders are doing the same thing, payed a crap load in taxes over the last decade, and ultimately, wgaf.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

He is a turd and I hope he has to pay back a lot of his money. Especially the money he won in those court cases where he got millions from people accusing him of cheating.

Hey lets just give those victories to the 2nd and 3rd place finishers etc, but they were ALSO doping!!!

I don't care if he keeps his victories. I am sure he was just the best cheater of them all. I am more disgusted at how he profited by the lying, not the competing.

I heard on the news today that there is rumors that the Feds made a deal with him to come clean. If he comes clean, and repays them 5 million for their sponsership, which was a total of 30 million, they will not go after him for the total 30 million. He is worth many millions, but if the feds and several others are able to win judgements in court, he would be broke after it is all over.

Looks like money may be the reason he finally came clean. I would put him in the ranks of Al Gore when it comes to intergity.

RELH

>Couple of thoughts. He still
>was a kick a$$ biker,
>lost a testie, started a
>foundation directly resulting in the
>raising of around $500m, most
>likely the top 25 contenders
>are doing the same thing,
>payed a crap load in
>taxes over the last decade,
>and ultimately, wgaf.
>
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

And maybe if he just changed his name to World Peace II, it would make it OK too?

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

>I believe he was misunderstood and
>the system failed him..... Terry
>

+1

perhaps a presidential pardon is what he needs to get his life in order. :)

"Performance Enhancing Drugs(PED's) were around when i was playing ball back in the seventies"

Sage.. did you win anything? Playing with your ball? The king of spandex made $125,000,000 and trashed everyone around him. Let's move on. The pos ain't worth the debate.

Slick

"The Road goes on forever & the Party never Ends"

SR askeed, "Sage.. did you win anything? Playing with your ball?"

My comment wasn't about my athletic accomplishments as it was to inform some of our readers that Steroids and the like have been around a long time, have been used by many a lot longer ago than much of the Media type would have us believe... But Yes, there was little if any cash involved but a "Full Ride", a 100% free education to a major University is not cheap, even in those days.

"Let's move on. The POS ain't..."

I already had no Pity for the guy but after watching him on Oprah, i really hope they go after this guy. He wrecked peoples lives at a whim just because he could. Pure Evil!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom