Land Owner Unit Wide Tags.

JB48

I see this legislation is being proposed and ODF&W is testing the waters.IMO I think it is a bad idea and a real loser for non-land owners and wildlife.JB

If they offer enough of them like colorado where an average joe can afford one I think its great. If its like nevada or utah it will just be another way for rich guys to kill all the nice bucks....JMO

If huntin is a sport.....Well your lookin at an athlete!

I am pretty sure post #1 is 100% wrong. I would like to see people try to hunt my ranch because they have a landowner tag from a different landowner in the same unit.

A landowner tag allows you to hunt that landowners land. Some states allow hunters with landowner tags (inside whatever unit)to hunt anywhere in that unit that they legally can go. That means BLM, National Forest, or private that they have permission to hunt.

No one is saying that any private ranch will be fair game to any hunter that buys or has a landowner tag for that unit.

" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm"

This has been brought up every year for the past few years. It has been shot down every year for quite a while. I watched this closely last year. This is being brought up by a select group of Ranchers who have big money and shut off huge chunks of public land and hunt it anyway until they were caught because someone told some officers what their game was. I must continute this is a mute point. If it happens I can gurantee you that their will be a severe limit on the number of LO tags and some major changes in that program. It will have to be totally rewritten.

Dave

LAST EDITED ON Jan-13-08 AT 10:22AM (MST)[p]" I am pretty sure post #1 is 100% wrong. I would like to see people try to hunt my ranch because they have a landowner tag from a different landowner in the same unit."

Actually, I'm 100% correct. In NM, if you sign your ranch up for unit wide tags, you must allow hunting access to your ranch for any other unit wide LO tag holder. They have "ranch only" LO tags for guys with your attitude. They are essentially the same as Oregon's current LO tags. Good for your own property only and consequently, worth a whole lot less.

Ok, well i cant add your first post into this one to show what you said, but the bottom line is that if property owners do not want people hunting their land they can control it. Of course if a landowner signs up for unit wide LO tags anyone with a unit wide LO tag can hunt your place. This seems far from what I understood your first post to mean.

" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm"

Ok I just looked at your first post. I think it was similar to " now your ranch will be open to public hunting" I think that that is a far cry from a LO signing up to have unit wide tags then having to allow anyone w/ a unit wide tag to hunt their place.

For the record I would love to be able to buy unit wide LO tags in Oregon. I think it would start a whole new set of problems, but I am ready to have a decent tag every few years and am tired of being tag-locked in a state that does a terrible job managing for quality.

Sorry, I could have been more diplomatic in my response and actually explained how they run their LO program.

WapitiBob, I could have been more diplomatic also, sorry. Sent you a pm.

Back
Top Bottom