Landowner cow tag

vthokee

I am leaving here very soon for a deployment. I drew a 1st rifle deer tag in unit 37. I am going to transfer it to a friend here in town that hasn't drawn anything here in NM in 3yrs. He has been a great friend so it's just a small way to say thanks. Anyway back to the subject at hand. Where can I find a L/O cow tag for a late rifle hunt when I get back off my deployment and what can I expect to pay? All I am looking for is to fill the freezer.
Thanks

Actually I can transfer my deer tag. I already have the paperwork from NM game and fish AND I didn't draw an elk tag so why can I not buy a landowner tag. I didn't even put in the elk draw because I knew I would be gone for the hunt I wanted.

>Actually I can transfer my deer
>tag. I already have the
>paperwork from NM game and
>fish AND I didn't draw
>an elk tag so why
>can I not buy a
>landowner tag. I didn't even
>put in the elk draw
>because I knew I would
>be gone for the hunt
>I wanted.

I think you can do both, but, cow tag prices I have seen have been high. 34 $700 +

Just a heads up. I got a deer tag transferred to me last year and it's a bit of a pain. I would definitely take care of getting the transfer done the earlier the better. It took over a month to have mine transferred and it wasn't official until the friday before I left to hunt the next day! Good luck finding a cow tag. I found them last year on craigslist over the summer for around $450-600 per tag.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom