Landowner List

ORIONTHEHUNTER

Very Active Member
I was wondering if there was any source for a landowner list anymore. I got one a few years ago from game and fish for antelope and I was trying to get one for region A for deer. When I called the Sheridan office they said they don't do those anymore. Didn't know if there was another outlet besides the county assessor's office or if someone had an old one laying around. Thanks

LAST EDITED ON Jan-29-16 AT 03:01PM (MST)[p]The one's in existence, if you can even find any, are so old that they aren't worth anything. The only way I know of would be to go to where you mentioned for an individual county like you would to get a plat map. Now the landowner chips you can buy for your GPS show the names, but you would have to do some digging to get an address and working telephone number to contact any of them.

I lived in sherdian for 4 years from 2007-2011. Back then they had a list. I got one for antelope. So when I went to the landowners house they were confused why they were on the list. There was about 30 landowners on the list. About 3 people said I could hunt but only rifle and no archery. .. I ended hunting the small slice of public land.

Thanks it looks like there is a fair amount of public in region A so might just hit that hard for a whitetail. Maybe knock on some doors while I'm out there is I see a bunch on private.

Many landowmers allow doe huntimg. Be sure to buy price reduced doe tags over the counter. Public land gets crowded but with a 2 month season and just sitting still a chance of a decent buck is possible

ORIONTHEHUNTER.......

Ryan....I have a list for the Deer in Region A which is Units 1-6 unless there is a change.

I will have to re-type the ones in those units and send to you tomorrow by email. Is your email correct to your profile name?

I will do it tomorrow as it might take me a bit but I will do it. Don't know if they will or will not answer you but give them a try is all you can do.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

From what I understand, Landowner Lists are a thing of the past. Too many landowners complaining they were on the list and getting way too many calls. Too many hunters complaining they were calling numerous people on the list and not getting a place to hunt. Result - no more landowner lists.

ClearCreek

Ryan...I just sent the listings I had to your email addy. Let me know if you get it.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

>I lived in sherdian for 4
>years from 2007-2011. Back then
>they had a list. I
>got one for antelope. So
>when I went to the
>landowners house they were confused
>why they were on the
>list. There was about 30
>landowners on the list. About
>3 people said I could
>hunt but only rifle and
>no archery. .. I ended
>hunting the small slice of
>public land.

I used the landowners list a few years ago and found it almost worthless. Over half the people I talked to didn't really have enough land to hunt, as in 50 acres. And I also found it very hard to contact people. Almost like they never answered their phone! So I quit using the list. I'm glad WY G&F realized how worthless it really was!

Good luck.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom