Landowner Vouchers

DirtyTough

I had an idea about the vouchers. I don't live in Colorado and I don't plan on ever using one, but I understand what they are for.

What if somebody with computer skills started a website just for the sale of vouchers. It would cost the seller and the buyer nothing. Use advertisements to pay for it. Have the CDOW send out a brochure with a number for the landowner to call so he can list what he has for sale if he wants to sell.

Maybe it would not work, I don't know. If it did at least the landowner would receive all the money.

I like that idea. Right now there isn't a good way to put tag holders and hunters together. I wonder if the DOW would cooperate.

One of the biggest problem in Colorado is the Privacy law that keeps the DOW from releasong any info about the land owners who apply or recieve land owner tags. Very Rarely will you eveen get a warden to give you info on where to ask to pay a tresspass fee even. And in general most land owners(Ranchers) Just do wnat to be bothered.

Some states will give you a lsit of land owners who recieved Land owner tags that are for sale.

Some states will also pass on info on who to contact to ask for or pay for hunting on private lands.

When Colorado put an end to the resale and brokering of land owner vouchers they did not stop the tag pimps from charging FINDERS FEE'S or negotiating the sale fee's

THE LORD IS MY ROCK
COLORADO,USA
NRA LIFE MEMBER
HUNTING PASS IT ON

The names of landowners recieving tags for PUBLIC resources (ie deer and elk tags) are not protected by any privacy laws in this country.
That's part of public records. Just like your name or mine when we draw tags.

I think it would work, and I think a good number of landowners would be willing to participate. Especially if it saved them money on advertising. I see ads every year that run for 2 months or more at $10+ a week.

You'd have to get the DOW on board to give up a list of landowners with vouchers or to mail the website's info with the voucher to the landowner and I think that would be the biggest hurdle. If not you could advertise locally in the high demand voucher areas and let the landowners contact you. You could even expand it for landowners who would be willing to charge access fees without vouchers, drop camps, or fully guided hunts.

If the landowner signed on you could keep his info private by only notifying him with the buyer's info when someone is interested, rather than giving his info to the buyer. The site could list the quantity, price, and GMU's for available vouchers, but no personal info about the landowner.

If I had the money for a voucher and there was such a site, I'd use it. Come to think of it, if I had the money and time I might create the site myself.

I don't think vouchers are going away no matter what the general public wants... Might as well be good capitalists.

As long as the CDOW would send out a brochure that the website supplied for them, I think it would work. I doubt that the CDOW would print anything out on there own since it would cost them money. Like I said it was just a thought.

Here's another solution.

Make vouchers good only on private land. Then It wouldn't matter if those tags got pimped or not.

Beanman

+1 Beanman! That is by far the best suggestion I've herd. They don't own the public land so why should they get special privileges to hunt it when the rest of us must wait who knows how long to hunt it.

This already exists, and thanks to Garth Carter, it has ruined western hunting.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-13-08 AT 10:55PM (MST)[p]Quote: by Justdada The names of landowners recieving tags for PUBLIC resources (ie deer and elk tags) are not protected by any privacy laws in this country. That's part of public records. Just like your name or mine when we draw tags.

Justdada Contact the DOW. All landowners who recieve tags via Land onwer vouchers their information is kept PRIVATE you can not get a list of land owners who recieve tags form the DOW in COLORADO.

The state of Colorado passed a privacy law a few years back protecting the contact information of the people who recieve Land owner vouchers the DOW can not release this info.

THE LORD IS MY ROCK
COLORADO,USA
NRA LIFE MEMBER
HUNTING PASS IT ON

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom