Largest NM Bull 2011

4200m

I am curious with the drought what is the largest bull anyone knows of killed in New Mexico this year?

as far as non gov tag hunters goes i would say the bull my friend killed in 34 on the muzzy hunt. 370 was his score. Yes I have pictures and I will not be posting them on here. Lets just say his swords and tops were that of a 300 class bull. His fronts and 3rds were large enough to make him a 370 bull. This dude is a toad. He's at the taxi in ruidoso right now.

here is the bull my son got.All who seen it said it was a monster for this year and would have been well over 350 in a good year.All the people I talked to including some outfitters I talk while eating out said there best was around 320.The campground and cabin rental place only seen 5 elk killed out of 80 hunters during the 3 bow season.Should be some extra bulls next year I would think.http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/6113gedc0741.jpg

We didn't take a bull but on our last day we saw a big 370-380 bull. It was really weird because of the drought that the bull had small fronts and huge backs.

Drought years are very tough on antler growth. I was fortunate to take the biggest bull of my life in 2002, out of unit 13. He had tons of mass, very good length on the lower tines, but not much up top. I don't have measurements handy right now, but the lower tines were all like 20-22 inches, while his swords were only like 18" and fifths were 10". The bull scored 386", but would have easily scored over 400" on a normal year. Droughts really cut back antler growth, probably 20-30" on hte oldest bulls.

No doubt the drought has been tough. Hopefully we will not have two years in a row of this.

373 from unit 37. On Jic Rez they hammered a 400 inch bull but it was in the pay to play pen...

With a little rain it would be interesting what that 370 bull would have scored with a little rain. I had heard rumors of a 380 bull in 37, but they were just rumors.

I'll have to dig it up. It was on the 1st mzldr hunt. But man it was tough hunting on both hunts!

>With a little rain it would
>be interesting what that 370
>bull would have scored with
>a little rain. I
>had heard rumors of a
>380 bull in 37, but
>they were just rumors.

Had a pair of hunters kill a 378 and a 371 bull on the 2nd in unit 37.
HERD BULL

wapti was that with black mountain outfitters because they killed a 395 on the first muzzy hunt in 13 also had a hunter miss a 5x5 that was much bigger don't know what he would score but the hunter missed at 61 yards and said it was a monster

Yes it was.The bull was 395 7/8. The 5X5 was probably in the 340-350 range. The hunter chose not to shoot it because it was not a 6pt bull. It was a beautiful 5!

>Yes it was.The bull was 395
>7/8. The 5X5 was
>probably in the 340-350 range.
>The hunter chose not to
>shoot it because it was
>not a 6pt bull. It
>was a beautiful 5!

Lets see a pic of that beast...1manshow

My buddy who hunted 16 D said the elk were missing 40 inches of antler on average this year, according to his guide and what they saw up there.

DoeNob
I agree with your buddy. I had the first rifle season tag for 16D. I was able to scout for 7 full days before the season opened. In those 7 days I saw well over 300 bulls and only two of those bulls were 300" or more. One of them I would estimate right at the 300 mark and the other was 310 - 315. Heck, even 6 point bulls were hard to come by. Saw a lot of bulls with great eye guards only to drop off severely on top. I didn't see a single bull with above average mass.

I was dissapointed to draw such a great tag on such a poor antler growth year. It was still a lot of fun though with a lot of rutting activity, especially during the MI season the weekend before when it was cold and snowy.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom