Las Cruces Sporting Goods Stores

• Thread starter wvbowhunterinalaska
  • Start date
W

wvbowhunterinalaska

Okay, I just moved here from Alaska and was wondering where everyone goes for outdoor/hunting gear. I noticed that the Sportsmans Warehouse is closed. So is there places around here in Cruces or do I need to make a roadtrip. Thanks.
WVBOWAK

You have Wal Mart and Custom Cartridge in LC, Academy in El Paso, and Cabelas in Phoenix. Those are the places that get my $.

FYI custom cartridge are a bunch of crooks and have high prices. your best bet is online shopping. el paso isn't very good either. it sucks. albuquerque has a sportsmans.

Now next question is there a decent archery shop with a range possibly. I figured that I would have to do some online shopping, but I would love to be able to go to an archery range to fling a few arrows to get some mantime. Once again thanks for the insight to my new home.
WVBOWAK

Google is your friend:
Archery Hut - E Idaho
High Desert Archery - W Amador and Westgate

I can't vouch for either one. I have lost interest in shooting sticks.

Academy Sports in El Paso just added an archery shop with a little range. Not exceptional, but not too bad either.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-18-10 AT 08:33PM (MST)[p]now cruces has archery shops!! If you are a mathews shooter the archery hut is your best bet. Bill the owner is a great guy. i drive all the way from portales (300 miles) for him to work on my bow. The other one is High Desert. they have everything but mathews. I am a mathews guy so i don't shop there much but i have bought a few things that bill didn't carry and they were good guys. you can't go wrong with either.

as far as ranges BLM is best. both have short indoor ranges. like 20 yds. I think High desert has a little longer range. and FYI the public shooting range is free!!! pretty nice set up. you need to bring the basics. there in a 1200 yd range, 500 yd with silhouettes. and a 300 yd range, multiple pistol bays, etc... its in between cruces and deming off I-10 at the corrolitos exit.

Thanks for all the posts guys I appreciate the help. Might have to go check them out if I get a free moment next week, between filling out my final travel voucher, seeing what I need to do to register with DACC, going to talk to the VA, and flying to Dallas to pickup my wifes car to drive back here to Cruces. May have to wait until week after. LOL. Once again thanks guys.
WVBOWAK

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom