last call 61 first rifle

Aaronjhanson

Any of you 61 archery or muzzy hunters willing to share some intel? I am headed out later this week for my first season bull tag. I have some spots picked out, but I will gladly consider any information.

Aaron

I’m not help here but I fought tooth and nail on the internet battle field to pick up one of the three re issue tags that popped up. I lost… I did however see a nice bull chasing cows and bugling his nuts off today on my way to work.

How did your hunt go
well, there were lots of hunters in the areas that I had previously scouted. I had to go with plan C.. I did get into elk almost every morning of the hunt. However, I was hunting the aspen stands, and I did not realize how difficult it is to get a shot off in some of that thick stuff. I had 4 different bulls in my sights. 1 big 5x5 that I wish he would have stopped walking for a second. probably one of the biggest 5x5s I have seen in person.
I want to thank the guys that gave me suggestions on where to hunt. I did not get to hunt those areas because the number of hunters in the same areas was just too much for me.

I did not get into elk during the afternoon or evening time, which I though was odd.
was the hunt worth 13 points. All things considered, yes. I was into elk every morning. 2 of the 4 bulls I seen, were really nice bulls. probably hiked 40 miles that week. I know more about that unit now and would like a do over!!! lol

Oh those big ol unit 61 5 points! Some of them will blow a guys mind!
Sounds like things were a little slow for the first season down there.

We also watched a huge 5x5 in the unit the second day of season. His royals had to be at least 20" and same with his diggers. He had a very distinctive bugle also, Like a scream/squeal that turned into a growl at the end. Maybe he was on the decline?

We also watched a huge 5x5 in the unit the second day of season. His royals had to be at least 20" and same with his diggers. He had a very distinctive bugle also, Like a scream/squeal that turned into a growl at the end. Maybe he was on the decline?
humm... the one I was chasing for 3 days had a very distinctive bugle too... i am wondering if we are talking about the same bull/

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom