Last tag filled

marley

Very Active Member
Crazy story with this buck. Since we watched our only target buck get shot yesterday I decided to try a new area that I hadn’t scouted this year. Walking in at 2:00 in the afternoon, I jumped a buck out of his bed at 30 yards. I could tell he was wide but when he hit the top of the ridge I could only see his left side and I gave him a pass because it was just a wide 3 point. Two hours later I glassed up a buck bedded in the trees 900 yards away and two canyons over. I could only see his right side through the trees but with an extra inline he looked really good. I laid down and popped him. When I got over to him I realized his left side was the same three point side I had seen on the buck I jumped earlier that day.

On top of that, it was the same buck my friends nephew had shot two weeks ago! He shot a 5x3 and dropped him in his tracks and he rolled down the hill into a little gulley. When they got over there he was no where to be found. There was very little blood and they followed his tracks up the gulley and over the top into a huge canyon. They eventually lost his tracks. After searching for him all day long they gave in, hoping he would live. Well he did…..for two weeks. I found him 2 1/2 miles to the north of where they shot him. The shot had been high, sliding just under the spine. The backstrap on one side was hard and gray but I think he would’ve healed up fine.

IMG_3646.jpeg

58F0E93E-9C47-4855-8F6B-109930D5C235.jpeg
IMG_3660.jpeg

if you would have gotten closer you would have seen the other side of his rack.
I would've lost my vantage point by getting closer. The way the hillside was that he was on didn't allow for a different angle. Seeing his other side wouldn't have changed my mind on killing it anyways. I'm happy with him.

It’s a cool story how it went full circle and that they got the closure of what happened to the animal. Congratulations.

In 2004 I Shot A Buck In That Exact Same Spot!

5-1/2 Miles Later I Finally Got Another One In Him!

I Put A Big Hole In Him Just Like Marleys Buck Had!

Not A Good Place To Hit One!

In 2004 I Shot A Buck In That Exact Same Spot!

5-1/2 Miles Later I Finally Got Another One In Him!

I Put A Big Hole In Him Just Like Marleys Buck Had!

Not A Good Place To Hit One!
Yeah, that’s definitely no man’s land right there

Great buck
How much meat did you loose? My daughter’s deer was messed up high on the back and spine. Thinking from getting stuck by another deer fighting. Lost both back-straps and a little on the top of one shoulder.

Great buck
How much meat did you loose? My daughter’s deer was messed up high on the back and spine. Thinking from getting stuck by another deer fighting. Lost both back-straps and a little on the top of one shoulder.
I didn’t keep the backstraps. Both looked a bit gray in color.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom