Last Week Archery Elk

NebrCatMan

My buddy and I are coming out to Colorado the last weekend of muzzle loader season. We'll set up camp and hunt the last week of archery elk season. We hunted unit 62 the last couple years, but it was really warm. If we pick an OTC unit that is not on the western slope and fairly high in elevation how cold can we expect it to be in an average year? Any snow?????? We can only go OTC unless we can get lucky and get a couple good tags for some units in the left over sale come Aug. 6th. Any comments or suggestions??? Thanks!!!!!!!

Depends on elevation but snow is possible (dusting to couple inch's or so) it will melt though quickly. Temps could be anywhere from teens to 70. But most likely in the range of high 20's to-high 50's, maybe low 60's.
It isn't going to be snowy and cold like during the rifle seasons. With that said this is "Colorado" and anything can happen....

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom