last years general season bull

R

Rizzo

since this is brag central and i just now started posting on mm i need to make up some time
3557elk.jpg

TwoDogs,

Dont get the two mixed up. LittleWeiners.com is the site you just cum from! Dont worry I wont tell everyone your on the child pedifile list.

dang cant complain about that one! what unit he come off of? thats awesome to kill a bull like that on a geral when a lot dont mange to kill somethin like that on le congrats lets here the story

heres the short version. he came off uintahs northslope anyone looking for a challange give it a try. me and my brother hunted non stop for a week and never saw anything but a few deer and a ton of moose. the last day of our hunt we hiked pretty deep into a large canyon and started cutting tracks. so we hiked up the side of a ridge where we would have some what of a vantage point and sit and glass for a few hours or at least wait and see if anything would walk past. by the looks of the tracks it appeared they were traveling back and forth of the legth of the canyon. and anyone that has hunted this area knows how thick it is there is virtually know place to glass. luckily we were in a burned area were you could see a few hundered yards. i figured the best chance we had was to just wait. if anythng was moving up or down the canyon it had to pass through this small burned area . and if we waited long enough something would pass through after eating lunch and taking a good long nap we decided to make a few cow calls and bugle. with no response we decided we had a enough we started hiking down the ridge. we hiked a bout 50 yards and i cought a glimps of a bull troting towards us through the trees. the glimps was short i almost couldnt believe it i told my brother to get down there is a bull coming. i think he thought i was full a $#!* because he didnt get down until a cow came through the trees and into the burn about two hundred yards away. i told him the bull will be following her. the bull was right behind her they were on a dead trot so i tried cow calling then whistling. they wouldnt even look so i figured it was now or never. having shot countless of coyotes running twice as fast i felt comfortable taking the shot so i did and he didn even flinch. i actually thought i had missed so we got on his tracks to see if there was blood, or at least see if we could follow him and maybe get another shot. wet tracked him about fifty yards were he went across a patch of snow and eureka blood. regardless of where i hit him i knew he couldnt go to far with out laying up i was sooting a 300 weatherby ultra mag we tracked him for a little bit and noticed his cow was headed up the ridge and he was headed down. so i knew he was hurtin we followed his track with little blood about 300 yards and found him laid up still alive. i made one more good shot and then celebrated. we got him gutted out and then hiked back to the truck before it got dark when we got back we made some phone calls one of wich was to steve ulm of ridgeline taxidermy steve was nice enough to take the next day off work and meet us on the mountain to help bone it out, cape it and pack it out that is a true freind i cant thank him enough. this hunt truly came down to the wire.
over the last few years i have been truly blessed in the hunting world in 2008 i took a huge buck and an awesome pronghorn then 2009 this bull and 2010 with only 1 point i drew mt dutton le archery bull elk and a statewide archery mule deer tag i look forward to this year and cant wait to post som pics check out the story and photo of my buck on mm in tips/articles in hunting stories under donnies 34"monster

Steve is really a great guy. Excellent bull....especially on a general unit. I'm pretty sure I ran across that bull standing in the middle of the road at 1 am one night up there. His width is what makes him really stand out. If you're not too worried about it I'd like to know(pm me) where you shot him (what canyon?). I know that area really, really, really well and would be curious if it's the same bull I saw. I could also give some other good suggestions of places to hunt next time. There are some good spots, but you are right, it is a tough hunt. Most folks go the entire hunt without seeing a bull. It doesn't help having everything so thick you can't see very far. Congrats again. Mighty fine bull.

That is a truely great trophy for the Unitas North Slope. I have hunted there for years and have never seen a better bull come off the Unitas with my own eyes. Tops my nice 5 point by a good margin, which is my best one from there. Congrats...

Now it's my turn to brag. Donnie is my oldest son. I'm sure he got most of his hunting skills from me (well maybe some of his hunting skills anyway). Even though I am very proud of him, I am also very jealous of his accomplishments. He has a way of making his own luck through his "can do" optimistic attitude. I've always had a conservative approach of being careful, where he has always just got it done. Donnie and his brother Dennis went on this hunt together and they really pushed and stuck to it until things came together, then they made it successful because he wasn't about to let the oppertunity get away.

This year I was lucky enough (13 bonus points) to draw a Monroe Muzzle Loader Elk permit, and Donnie has drawn a Dutton Archery Elk permit. I'm glad the seasons are different. My hunt should be pretty easy, but Donnie has his work cut out for him. Any tips, suggestions, or help on Monroe OR Dutton would be very much appreciated. Feel free to email me at [email protected]. We'll both be doing some pre-season scouting and exploring to get to know the areas a little better.

As i am sitting here staring at your bull i am looking at mine on the wall, They could be brothers!!!! In 2008 i was lucky enough to get on a great bull also on the north slope of the Uintas! I have had mine scored by some very respectable guys and they come up with 320 as well.

5191rffhhdgfh_003.jpg

5082rffhhdgfh_001.jpg

sorry about the picture qaulity they day i killed my bull it was pouring down and my camera got drenched and quit working i barely got any pics just glad i got some.

Here is a pic of my 2009 bull that i killed in the Uintas, he is a 5x6.

270509_elk_063.jpg

Ok well now that i have looked at your bull for an hour now i realize that there are some differences, but what a bull man, great job. I would love to know more about the bull and the area, if you have any questions just pm.

congrats bearbone i have alot of respect for anyone you can pull a bull like that off the uintahs they are there. but you have to really work for it or just get really lucky.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom