Late Archery elk tags!

C

coolarrow1

Just saw that there are some late archery elk tags still available! Just wondering how tuff would those hunts be? The bag limit is APRE/6 in Dec.Don't know anybody that tried these hunts last year and just wondering how they did?

~coolarrow

You better be ready for a really tuff hunt. The precentage of people tagging out is really low. Elk are a muther to kill during late season with a bow. If you see any elk they are on Private land . I love archery but not that much. Just my 2cents

Seven out of 300 tagged out last year in Unit 34. It was worth it for me to go last year, but that seems like NMG&F is just trying to put money in the bank.

In my thoughts, this just shows more greed by the NMDGF. Let the elk rest that time of the year. The old bulls have a hard enough time in december with being chased all over the mountain. What are your thoughts??

Pinon I kind of agree with you, but, if i did not have a chance to hunt elk at all that year i would find an argument to get to hunt in dec.

I think that a very small # of tags may be appropriate.

I know it would a be really tuff hunt,but It's been 4 years since I have drawn a elk tag.Just miss being out there!

I think that it is exactly what the NMDGF is selling it as. They advertise this hunt as another opportunity to hunt elk without affecting herd numbers too much. They also state that harvest will be LOW. Don't be so hard on them as I really think the game comissioners are trying to let a few more people pursue their passion even if it's almost impossible.
I saw a lot of young six point bulls this year on my archery hunt so it's not a stretch to shoot one on this hunt. If the weather holds out I don't think it would be TOO bad....

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom