Late cow elk hunt

505Hunter

Hey what's up guys> I was unable to get that deer tag near unit 39, and every other area is to far for a weekend trip. I was looking on game and fish and found youth encouragment elk hunts for around November 25-29, and December 26-30 on a variety of different units and there muzzle loader. I was planning on purchasing one for November, but what I have read was that late season is much colder. So... any tips on how to dress for it?
Like, what kind of layers should I do? I was planning on wearing in this order:

Thermals first, then poly pros, then then either sweats or just winter BDU's for bottom.

For top: Thermal, polypro, some sort of shirt, and my top winter BDU's and possibly my army field jacket with the liner.

Will this be good or will I need more?

hey 505hunter is this for one your kids and if it is did they put in for the regular draw cause if they didnt its a no go. i tried for my nephew 2 years ago but because he drew a deer tag he couldnt get one which makes no dam sense because he drew a deer tag let me no if you do get one

No, I am an actual youth hunter. But I found out it was a no go when I went to purchase it and then read the proclomation. I sent NM G&F a email seeing if we can negotiate anything but they were pretty hot hatted. So I guess there will be no hunting for me this year til spring turkey. Thanks for the help guys!

GOT A QUESTION DID YOU PUT IN FOR ANY OF THE HUNTS THROUGH THE REGULAR DRAW

No becaue we missed the put in for drawing. I read the proclomation and it said if we were unsuccesfull in drawing, so I figured I would try if we did not put in at all but it was a no go:)

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom