Late cow hunt

txjp

I got a youth encouragement tag for my son this year. (dec 26-28)
I have only archery hunted elk in September and not a lot of that. My question is what pushes the elk down? Is it just snow and weather in general or are they always going to be lower in late season.
I have never hunted elk this late any advise would be appreciated.
Thanks
Jason

If there is a ton of snow they will move lower into the PJ, but if not which it doesnt seem to like there is going to be. Throw a dart at the map and hunt there. As it gets closer to the hunt feel free to PM me and I will give you as much info as I can. Have taken the kids on that hunt several times and always killed on day 1. Taking one of the kids out this sat for his first hunt ever. Hope to get him a cow early as I have to leave and go back to work sun.

Thanks
That is what I was thinking but wanted to hear it from some of the verterians.

Am I aslo right in thinking bulls and cows will be seperated by then. So if I find some bulls I need to just move on.

Sorry for the dumb questions. New to elk hunting and want my son to get his first elk.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom