Late LE Elk Options

Cheater

I've got enough points to draw one of these elk hunts: Dutton Late, Manti Late, Book Cliffs-Bitter Creek South Late. I'm concerned about access to public land, given that the elk are probably at lower elevations. Is there a real possibility of a 330+ type bull? Does the unit typically contain good amounts of unbroken bulls that late? What unit is the biggest circus, with regard to other hunters/pressure? It looks like Manti gives the most tags. Given this criteria, and your experience, what would you guys recommend? Or would you not recommend burning the points?

Thanks in advance!

Book Cliffs, Hands down!

The bulls are on public land and access is good.....

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

I was on the Late Manti this year with my brother in law and all the elk we found were still up high. Never had any problem with private land. We only seen one other hunting party while hunting and scouting.

I don't know the Manti or Dutton well, but in the Books bulls can be really hard to find that time of year. There is a reason that tag takes so many fewer points to draw. There are still some good ones, but I have seen lots of guys kill 300 class bulls and smaller. I have even seen some guys go home empty, you are going to have to work to find a big one. For the points I would serriously think about the muzz tag over the late rifle. You can't shoot as far, but biggger bulls are way easier to find during the muzz hunt.

Dax

There is no such thing as a sure thing in trophy mule deer hunting.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom