Late Season Montana

M

MTbowhunter

I shot this buck in southeastern Montana with my Alpine Challenger XL bow two days before the end of the rifle season. I missed the P&Y non-typical by 1 3/4".

Buck.jpg

Buck---1.jpg

Sorry about the picture links. I thought they would work through Yahoo. I have emailed them into the site and hopefully they will help me out.

Sorry.

MTbowhunter

Still no go with the pics. If you want to email them to me I would be happy to post them for you.

Happy trails
Ridge Runner
"Now Pilgrim,you sure you can skin griz"

Here are some photos of MTbowhunters buck that he asked me to post for him and a nice one at that.I'll let him fill in the details.

124255548LdWvkd_ph.jpg

124255416JRDYYR_ph.jpg

Happy trails
Ridge Runner
"Now Pilgrim,you sure you can skin griz"

MTbowhunter,

That is a real nice buck you got there, what's the measurements??

Gene, see that you have the picture posting down good now, congrats to you too. Switch to Photobucket.com and then no one will have to do a "copy & paste" to see pictures.

Brian

He scored 168 3/4" P&Y. I needed 170 to get in. I am thinking about getting a second measurement. He was 26 wide and 23 high.

If you right click and copy, you can paste the pic into MS Word or a photo editing program.

MTbowhunter:

168 6/8" P&Y non-typical is still a nice buck no matter if makes the all-time archery book or not. Congratulations on a fine animal.

Was it officially measured by a P&Y measurer? If so, it will be difficult for another measurer to re-score, as the club frowns on this for obvious reasons. However, if you have a good reason for doubting the specific measurments (non-typical), contact Glenn Hisey at www.pope-young.org and explain. He can give you better direction. It's been my experience though, these requests are not usually granted, especially with a margin of over an inch. Good luck and again congratulations on a fine animal.

BOHNTR )))------------->

BOHNTR )))------------->
I did have it officially scored, but the guy acted like I was putting him out by having him do it. He didn't speak two words to me the whole time I was there. The main reason I was thinking about re-scoring it was because he also scored a buddies of mine whitetail and by his measurements, it didn't make the book. He had it re-scored and it did. Of course, I found this out afterwards. :-( The taxidermist who is doing the head used to be a scorer. I kept the score sheet and am going to have him go over it and base my decision on that before I make any calls.

Trust me, I am very pleased with this buck. It was a dream come true for me. Now for my elk!!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom