Late Season Whitetail

nfh

Long Time Member
Finally filled my late season whitetail tag. It has been a super tough year....... Not just tough for me but a lot of the hardcore whitetail hunters have been struggling..

I have been seeing some super nice whitetys at work on the ranches I pass through to get to the oil field and the rut is on.. The bucks I watch are pretty high up so the EHD didn't have an affect on them....

With EHD hitting the area super hard the amount of deer was low. Last year I passed so many bucks I lost count and the does were out of control. This year I can count on one hand on the number of bucks I seen. Found some nice dead bucks and a few does.

I was hunting a walk in area and I was little down after not seeing much. I talked to a couple of landowners and they stated they been finding dead deer also... I was able to hunt the private land that hasn't been touched by any other hunter with still didn't see any bucks...So I went back to a walk-in-area.

I know he isn't huge but I decided this buck was pretty cool looking. He was with another buck chasing a doe and the other buck was much wider but all busted up.....

Now just to fill my Montana deer tag and my late season bull tag.. I have seen some good bulls this year.... Looking for a bull over 350. My buddy who also has the same tag as I do has been hunting with me and he has never shot a nice bull so I told him he can shoot first. IT was tough trying to get him to pass on bulls up 330 class but we finally got on a solid 360 bull and it was a clean miss.. But heading back up soon

Looks like a good whitetail to me. I like the horn color. I haven't seen near as many whitetails in this end of Park County. I big whitetail buck I watched last year during the rut has yet to show himself. It may well be that he died after last year's hunting season.

>Sweet buck, Mike! Congrats.

Just so you know went out the next day with my buddies. We got on a solid 140ish buck. He had some solid 6" brow tines.

A guy I know his buddy got a high 160 class buck. I wouldn't be surprised if it hit a low 170. The G'2s were almost 15 inches. I know of a few other bucks taken in 120-140 range.

I been super busy lately so I decided to have pro boil out my head. They were saying this year is rough. The last 2 weeks they have gotten 80 whitetail heads. Last few years they got over couple hundred in that short time.. I know its not a true STAT but it shows it was a tough year with EHD

Nice buck, the Comeback will take a few years for sure, But they will come back, great area for good bucks.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom