Late Youth Cow Help

Paul_S

I'm looking for suggestions for a place to late cow hunt for my son and his friend. Both got skunked earlier for both deer and elk, so am looking for something to improve their odds and put something in the freezer. We plan to hunt the week after Xmas and they can hunt any open unit. Right now, we're looking at unit 2, 201 or 3 since I'm somewhat familiar with those units, but haven't hunted them for late elk. We're open to to other ideas as well. Obviously, an opportunity on private land would be great.

You should be able to find some right off the hwyy 318 in unit 2 from Sandwash on. Just make sure you are on BLM. Also there normally is herd in Vermillion Creek by Ladero school house. Bring the shotguns for geese/ducks in browns park. Great time ofyear out there lots to see.

Consider Axial Basin - lots of opportunity there in December for cow elk.

Mark
muledeer.jpg

My hunting spot is so secret, not even the elk have found it yet.

>I'm looking for suggestions for a
>place to late cow hunt
>for my son and his
>friend. Both got skunked
>earlier for both deer and
>elk, so am looking for
>something to improve their odds
>and put something in the
>freezer. We plan to
>hunt the week after Xmas
>and they can hunt any
>open unit. Right now,
>we're looking at unit 2,
>201 or 3 since I'm
>somewhat familiar with those units,
>but haven't hunted them for
>late elk. We're open
>to to other ideas as
>well. Obviously, an opportunity
>on private land would be
>great.

Sent you a PM

Here that! Treed
Hope this helps we were looking for lion tracks behind elk springs saw a ton of elk . Northwest of elk springs. Good luck and have fun

Catchaser-

Looks now like we'll be heading up next weekend. Thanks for the intel. How much snow is there? Are roads passable? Will we need chains?

-Paul

Here that! Treed
You are good to go hunt anywhere up in the corner till the new year. Snow is not bad some roads got some drifts but if you have good tires or chains you should b ok! Good luck let us know

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom