Latest Creation

Hardway

Very Active Member
Heres a rifle I just put together for my wife. Rem model 7 in 308. McMillan Hunters Edge stock, PTG lightweight bolt shroud and firing pin assembly, PTG aluminum ADL trigger guard, Timney trigger, Talley lightweight rings, and a Leupold lightweight3x9. Came in just under 6lbs. Still not as light as my Kimber but handles well and feels good in the hands. Now to shoot it.
4844270win_002.jpg

7113270win_001.jpg

>Looks great - is that one
>of the new speckle-tone McMillans??
> Nice rig !!

Yes....Olive with black speckles.

That looks nice. You're wife should be appreciative carrying that around.

Glad to finally get a look at some of the speckletone schemes. How long was the wait for the stock? I've got a black with grey specs on order.

>That looks nice. You're wife
>should be appreciative carrying that
>around.
>
>Glad to finally get a look
>at some of the speckletone
>schemes. How long was
>the wait for the stock?
> I've got a black
>with grey specs on order.
>

I think I ordered it around march and just recieved it a couple weeks ago so right around 16 weeks.

Hardway, looks like you done it again. That piece looks and sounds functional as all get out. Is it true that this is for the wife?? :)

Congrats bud!!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

>Nice setup. How does the
>buggy whip barrel shoot for
>you? Mine is 1.5-2
>MOA.

Nothing wrong with light barrels. They are just as accurate as their fat sisters, you either have a bad barrel (which has nothing to do with the size), bad bedding, or operator error.

I have a small cache of lightweight rifles and they will all do a half MOA or better. The only one I had issue with was an older model 7 in 260rem....It came with a 18" barrel from the factory and was so "butt" heavy it was hard to shoot accuratley.

>Hardway, looks like you done it
>again. That piece looks and
>sounds functional as all get
>out. Is it true that
>this is for the wife??

It has a standard LOP :)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom