Lathrop and Sons Gold pack

ELKOHUNTER

Very Active Member
I'm looking at the Hanwag Alaska GTX Boot. What I'm asking is. Should a guy spend the extra 300 bucks and get the "Gold Package" or not? Is it really worth it? What happens if they don't get it right the first time? Do they work with you to make it right? Thanks guys

I am waiting on mine so can't give you the exact answer you want. I talked to them and as I have not had any real problems with other boots fitting they suggested that I do NOT do the gold package. I also was going to get custom foot beds done at a local ski shop to wear in them, but after talking to them I went with there insoles. Basically Dusty said he wear custom orthodontics in his shoes, but in the Hanwags uses the high country insoles for there added cushioning. With the Gold package they do work with you before and after. Could be just filler strips or could be reforming the heel cup on the boot, etc. I would suggest calling and talking to them, heck don't order right away, think about all that was talked about for a bit and then decide.

I've got a pair of the Alaska GTX boots from Lathorp and Sons and they are just about the most comfortable boots I have ever had. I found that they run a little short in size. I ordered my "usual" size and couldn't wear thick socks with them. I phoned Dusty and he straightened me out on the phone and sent me the next size up. I don't think you need the Gold Package, just follow the instructions on the outline of your feet and perhaps give Dusty a call.
I wore these boots on hunts for elk, desert bighorn, deer, and antleope last year and they are going to the Yukon for Stone Sheep this august. They have become my 'Go-To" boot.

I have done the gold package twice and they are by far and away the best fitting boots I have ever had. Highly recommend. I have a hard time finding just the right fit and they are spot on. Lathrop guys are awesome to work with.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom