Lazy ass hunters

sremim

Very Active Member
Don't hunt if your too lazy to pack out your animal. Last week during the rifle bull season and all the wet weather in N AZ it was quite a mess. I had some friends who got stuck everyday they went out. They ran into a group of hunters who said they had two bulls down, two days earlier, but they could not get to them because they would get their truck stuck. It's amazing that people can be so stupidly lazy that they cannot pack out their animals. They have to drive to them. What the hell is wrong with people? If I had been there I would have turned their asses in. If you can't pack it, don't shoot it.

From what I understand they did not ever go back to get it. One guy I know who got stuck last Monday and couldn't get his truck out until Friday. But I'm sure they were able to get the antlers out!!! BASTARDS.

LAST YEAR MY BROTHER FOUND A BULL THAT HAD THE HORNS CUT OFF AND THE BACKSTRAPS CUT OUT,THIS HAPPENED DURING THE YOUTH ELK HUNT!!!

THIS YEAR ME & MY BOY FOUND A SMALL BULL,THE HORNS WERE CUT OUT OF THE SCULL,THE HIDE WAS PEALED BACK,THE BACKSTRAPS TAKEN AND PART OF ONE HIND QUARTER TAKEN,THE REST WAS LEFT TO ROTT,THEY NEVER EVEN GUTTED IT,THIS TOOK PLACE DURING THE EARLY BUGLE YOUTH HUNT!!!

WARNING,WHEN I CATCH YOU,YOU'RE GOING TO WISH THE DWR WOULD OF CAUGHT YOU FIRST!!!

I DON'T TOLLERATE WASTING WILDLIFE OF ANY KIND,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,I DON'T CARE,I'VE SEEN TOO MUCH B.S.!!!

ALWAYS KINDA IRRITATING THEY CAN ALWAYS GET THE HORNS OUT!!!

LAZY BASTARDS,YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!

THE ONLY AGGITATED bobcat!!!

The problem with most citizens is we don't understand the power we have to be able to get laws passed or changed. If this seriously pisses you off, push to have better wanton waste laws written.

In Alaska, antlers must be left until all meat is packed out of the field. If fish and game can scrape so much as a cup of meat off the carcass, your butt is going to jail. It is strictly inforced. It takes time to educate the few, but as soon as they start hearing horror stories about how their buddy spent the week in the hoosegow for leaving a quarter behind, they begin to take it seriously.

I hope these #$!@$ were non-res. I can't imagine it ever being too sloppy to drag my game out be it elk or deer! The whole crew needs a good @ss whooping if you ask me. What a horrible waste. What a terrible waste of a valuable resourse. I'm totally pissed off! GRRRRRRR!

I don't suppose it matters whether NonR or Resident. I don't really like the insinuation that its better that NR afe more to blame OR that we might be more inclined to waste game.

Those folks are thieves and violators. They should be turned in and fined. In fact I'd report it no matter when it happened. You'd be surprised what can happen with old evidence at times!

I like the law in Alaska! It should be the rule everywhere. I'm not that sure about the carcass being "boiled clean" but there is a lot of room for judgement there, but I never leave any worthwhile piece of edible meat on a carcass. Personally I think that in Alaska one should be allowed to move the head away from the meat but thats me. And I suspect that may actually be legal. We always moved the whole carcass and meat well away from the gutpile just in case anyway.

Common sense should apply but thats severely lacking nowdays for lots of folks.

Just let me get an elk ever and I won't waste the game OR if its impossible to pack out, I wont' shoot.

Jeff

SEE, Thats exactly why they should pave all the roads in the Wilderness. Roads get muddy, I get mud on my 50k truck and My Suit I'm wearing might get soiled....

Untill they pave all the roads I'll stick to hunting Game ranches were the Breakfasts are made for me and I can Ride well maintained trails around the ranch to shoot my elk and deer !!!!

• [*] -Moosie
~~If you're going to walk on thin ice, Ya might as Well DANCE !!
WALK the TALK, Or shut the HECK UP !!

Right here in this forum not long ago a man stated in a post that he dumped his meat in the garbage at the Anchorage airport because he was to much a tight ass to pay what they wanted to fly it with him on his flight home..Same laws apply..........

Yes, that was illegal. Get the alaska regs. They will send them free of charge. That guy should be charged with wanton waste. I don't recall reading that, who, when & where was this thread.

My thoughts exactly...."Don't shoot it if you can't pack it out on your back!!!" My wife and I butcher (cut, wrap, freeze) any Deer/Elk we harvest ourselves. I think a lot of folks should practice this instead of taking the easy way out and taking their kill to a commercial meat cutting place. Let me tell you, you have a hell of a lot more respect for the animal you shoot when you do it all on your own!

Just out of curiosity.....
Packing "all edible portions" of the animal out is a pretty subjective.
What would you all concider "all edible protions"?

Rounds, Loins, Ribs, Shoulders, Neck

Can be boned out and packed out.

Chef
"I Love Animals...They're Delicious!"

I would agree, but other people may not. I know a lot of people who consider the neck un-edible. There probably also people who would concider the tounge, and intestines edible. So, who is the judge?

MMmmm BRAIN and ASS !!!! You eating everything ?

Every state is different on the laws. Idaho you need to Cut all the Rib meat and neck meat out and In Montana you don't.

"So, who is the judge? " I think the State is ?

• [*] -Moosie
~~If you're going to walk on thin ice, Ya might as Well DANCE !!
WALK the TALK, Or shut the HECK UP !!

Don't we have to leave some meat for the Yotes and Ravens?? Those big black crows love rib meat. And those bears love croch meat or..whatever you want to call it. Chit, I forgot to cut out the tenderloins on that last elk. I can't believe it! Must of been a brain fart.

forgot the tenderloins jees, that's the first thing i take.you know lunch while your packing,,,,,,

JD

Based on this picture - do you think I know how to butcher and pack out? ;) I've packed out every bull I've killed. Was checked by the DWR once and they were suprised to see we had even packed out the hooves!

Take the front shoulders off - make "suitcases" out of them with a bit of rope, throw a hind quarter on your frame pack - bag neck/backstraps/tenderloins/other meat in gallon zip locks - couple trips and your done!

I believe in getting the hide off an elk as quickly as possible - cool that meat down quick and it tastes all the better!

EVERY hunter should know how to bone-out an animal.

HARVEST WHAT YOU KILL OR DON'T SHOOT!

41b205493624cde5.jpg

It makes me sick to think people would waste game. I can't even imagine someone doing it.

couldn't agree with you more. this also aplies to the many slob hunters who use quads to replace their legs. get in shape and use your bi-runners, you will enjoy your hunt more.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom