Lazzeroni

S

SoTX

Well any one got one? What do you think of this product? Have you heard good or bad about these guns? Lets hear it.

"We must HUNT"

i've shot a couple. they're good rifles, but real expensive and heavy as hell. absolutely can not shoot one without a rest. forget an offhand shot. can't imagine trying to pack one on a horse or in brushy country. i'd rather just sneak a little closer and use something a little more conventional. a box of factory loads is over $100. personally, i don't see any reason for one. they have crazy ballistics. real impressive. but why not just hunt a little better and forget these 1000 yard shots?

RLH,

We don't seem to agree on B&C but we are definately on the same page when talking rifles. 270's, 300 H&H's, 3006's, just can't really be improved on. All the manufacturers keep trying to reinvent the wheel and I'd love to have one of everything but velocity doesn't kill, accuracy does.

I think we'd have a good time sitting around the campfire telling stories about the worst hunters with the latest and fastest guns and still no meat in the pot.

JB

RLH
Thanks. Your post was what I was looking for. $100.00 a box for ammo!!!!!!!!!! Forget it.
Heavy too. I a have a full custom .270 and it is one heavy gun. It is good for bench rest and hunting from a "Fort" with a short walk.
Thanks

"We must HUNT"

that's what a box of warbirds is. $100 for 20. after you accumulate some brass you could reload for a lot less. but hell, they hold like 120 grains of powder! the lazzeroni's and the weatherby's that are based on the .378 case are sorta neat. i mean they shoot a fair sized bullet really fast and flat, but they are like packin' around a deer. in order to use all that powder they have to have a real long barrel, like 28 to 30", absolutely have to have a muzzlebrake on top of that, the action is a foot long, the stock has to be real heavy to take the recoil and in order to use the ballistics you best put a huge scope on it. you're lucky to be under 15 pounds and 4 1/2' in length. like i say, i've shot em all, and they are impressive, but i can't imagine haulin' all that around on my back or trying to tie one on a horse. i'm real confident out to 400 yds with my .270 and i'll shoot 500 or more if i have too. i don't see any reason to shoot any farther. i use my old worn out binoculars so i can't see stuff farther away than i feel like walking. all these new guns and optics are cool, but guys are trying to replace hunting skills with equipment. the experience of tracking down a buck or a bull is a lot more fun than shooting 800 yards at one.

I bought the Savage rifle chambered in the Lazzeroni Patriot round this last year. It is basiclly the Savage Weather Warrior. It is nice and light, and as accurate as the Lazzeroni Patriot rifle. You guys are definately correct about the ammunition being expensive. I bought the brass and loaded my own and still paid $45 for a box of 20. I sure love the rifle though.

RLH;
BINGO!!! That's what I call hitting it on the darn nailhead. You could not have said it any better. Now if these young whippersnappers will listen, they will save a lot of money and fustration.

Good Hunting;
RELH
P.S. And for the "inquiring Minds", No! RLH is not related to me, we just talk on the same wavelenght.

if we're on the same wave length, i'm worried about ya. either that or we're the only 2 sane guys left. there are too many hi-tech hunters anymore. seems sorta wierd when a guy with a .270 and a real good scope considers himself a "traditional" hunter. guess we're gettin' old.

Yea! I turned 56 this year, and my fellow law enforcement officers have told me once or twice that I was a bit crazy at times. I'm still trying to figure out if they were jerking my chain or if they were serious. As for the "traditional Hunter" part, I am going backwards. I have numerous modern firearms that are very accurate at long range, but this year I am going to bring out the 1874 Sharps in 45/70 and go on a fair chase buffalo hunt with that rifle. I think I will have a ton of fun with the old single shot.

Good Hunting;
RELH

Your right these rifles are not for everyone. I own 2 one heavy one lighter but when the shot has to count (weather compitition or and animal) you can't beat the confidence these rifles will give you.
These are one of the best rifles money can buy,built on specs that beat law enforcment and military.
And yes the light rifle is still 8 lbs dressed with a swarovski 6x16x50 tds. And ammo is not cheap weather you reload or not, but you don't hear the guy who just bought the mercedies complaining about using premium unleaded at the gas pump.
If you can affort 5500.00 for the rifle and another 1000.00 for the scope don,t ##### about ammo prices. but I will tell you when it's time to take the shot I don't have to second guess myself.

i have a bunch of old lever action rifles. my father in law just gave my oldest son a model 1886 .45/90. it was his dad's. some years back i shot a deer, javelina and a couple coyotes with it. and a buncha jackrabbits. fun old gun. have a cousin who has an original sharps .50/150. been in his family since it was new. what a cannon.

warbird, If you have 5500 bucks into a rifle, plus another k for a scope, thats 6500 bucks. I currently shoot a rifle/scope combo that cost me about 1200 bucks with a sling! And with all due respect, this rifle doesn't really take a back seat to the razzeroni. If you can afford it, that is great. But for the average joe, give me a .300 Ultra Mag. mtmuley

yes both rifles would cost 5500. to replace them and like I said they are not for all of us. But when accuracy,velocity and distance all play a roll in the certain situation there is no better rifle I would rather have.
And just for the velocity buffs out there after the bullet has traveled 300 yards it's the same velocity as a 30-06 at the end of the barrel.
also John Lazzeroni has a web sight Larreroni arms.com
the also has less expensive rifles in savage and sako actions

LAST EDITED ON Mar-31-04 AT 08:57AM (MST)[p]I'm with you RLH!!!

Spend you money on what makes you feel good, but the excuse of makeing you more confident is kind of a strech IMO. The cartrages are fast and flat shooting I'll give you that but so is an ultra mag and the wheatherby's... and it won't cost me $2 a peice for brass. I like to shoot and collect to much to have that much cash tied up in one rifle that won't do anything that another will do. For far less money...

i read today that the Az. game and fish is thinking of restricting ultra long range rifles, like the lazzeroni's and the weatherbys based on the .378 case, like the .30/.378 and .338/.378. they're actually thinking of putting a maximum velocity that can be used. said that using a range finder with one of these big rifles isn't sporting and was defeating the purpose of hunting. blew me away for sure, when read it.

crap, nobody will fall for anything today. i'm gonna go home and prank the kid down the street that "just ain't right".

I was all set to buy the Savage/Lazzeroni rifle thay combined to produce, that was untill I priced the brass and the reloading dies that at that time were and may still be, only available from Lazzeroni. The brass cost $45 or $50 per 20, and the dies were a little over $100.00. I in NO WAY could ever be referd to a cheep, but the cost factor of the brass and dies simply put this rifle out of my reach.

Just like a sports car they don't come cheap
If you want a top fuel rifle like the Lazzeroni brass and such doesn't come cheap
and remember boys you get what you pay for

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom