Lead Bullet Band

NoDoe

I just found out the lead bullet bill was signed by Brown {been huntin}. Can anyone give me details and when it goes into effect?
Thanks Don

I believe it will be phased in stages and will be in full effect by 2019 and the whole state will be non lead bullets for the purpose of hunting. Moonbeam penciled in a note on the bill that if the feds declare all copper bullets as being "armor piercing bullets" and bann them. The lead free bill will be voided.
No one has mentioned it yet, but I am sure they will decide that also will include 22lr for shooting small game.

RELH

LAST EDITED ON Oct-29-13 AT 01:53AM (MST)[p]Feel bad for you guys. I really like barnes bullets for hunting, but would sure hate to be told i had to shoot them.

You guys that are forced to go forward with copper, keep in mind they like to go fast and spin fast..meaning if you dont have the twist to spin them drop down in weight, I am not talking about merely stabilizing the bullet like you would a lead one, i've found that faster spin GREATLY improves expansion on these types of bullets. this is nothing new, Jack Carter recommended the same thing years ago when shooting his TBBC, which was lead but a very stout bullet ..i can promise you guys if you think a 168 grain mono copper is going to perform like its lead counterpart in your 7mm you will be disappointed..drop down to the 145LRX and you will have a smile on you face, they perform trust me.

same goes with all calibers, if shooting a 308, 150gr and below, 30-06'300 mags 168's to 180's..I'm sure you see what i'm gettin at.

Reddog, did you see that sentence about Gov. Moonbeam Brown penciled into the bill a change that if the Feds ban all copper bullets, the lead free bill would be voided.
That sounds like Democrat Brown is aware the feds are looking at or thinking about banning all copper bullets by changing their status to so called cop killer armor piercing bullets such as the teflon coated bullets that were banned years ago.
I was not aware of that information, but it seems Gov. Brown is aware of something.

RELH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom