Lead free ammo .270 Factory loads

Cali4x4

Looking for a readily available Factory load .270 130 grain bullet. Something available over the counter at a Wal-Mart, etc.. Since D_i_k's Sports doesn't carry ammo anymore I have long drive to the nearest sporting goods store to look what is readily available.

Any input is appreciated.

I can't say for sure if they'll have what you need but they had a good selection and great prices on some ammo I was looking for: Hinterland Outfitters Houston, Texas

I'm in the same boat I'm in California too so I'll be switching to lead free also this year. I've been doing research and I haven't heard anyone complain about the Barnes Vortex. I just bought some for my new 6.5 Creedmoor and was shooting very tight groups during site in. And my last 2 shots were on top of each other with touching holes on the paper. I would start with those as i haven't heard anyone not being able to shoot accurately with them. I plan on buying them for all my rifles moving forward

LAST EDITED ON Feb-09-19 AT 09:43AM (MST)[p]I just tried some Walmart Winchester Deer Season Copper Impact .270 - 130 grain in my Sako 270 and it shot such shockingly good sub MOA groups .5 that I'm debating whether I should reload for the new rifle or not. They are polymer tipped unlike the federal copper and have a pretty good BC of .412 or something like that. I think they are $25 a box - pretty reasonable

Mostly I'm pretty dedicated to Barnes but this is a great option
Frank

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom