Lead Free Ammo

G

gharvey3

I just got invited to go to some private property for some coastal deer. I am now looking for lead free ammo for my REM. 270. I was looking at Cabelas and found some, but they are expensive. I have some reloads for my 270 that are the Hornady botail slitpzer at 140 gr. These bullets seemed to group the best for lead in my 270. I am trying to decide on either the Hornady Super Performance GMX 130gr. at $39, or the Federal Premium Vital Shock TSX 130gr. at $49. Can anyone help me out with this delima, or offfer some other advise?

Save $10.00! The Hornaday should be fine.
However! If you would like to see how your rifle likes them.......

The federal TSX should work good. Dont overlook the Nosler Etip loaded by nosler. Exactly where on the coast will you be hunting? When are you planning on heading over?

I would first like to thank you guys for all your advise. I am still looking locally here in Madera for ammo and it looks like the Federal ammo is here. I am running short on time due to the season opening up in less than two weeks. I am going over to an area by Paso Robles on some private property. My friend has seen a few bucks on his property and has invited me and one of my other friends. The problem is I work nights and I still have to get the ammo and go to the range, and my friend wants me to come over and help him set up blinds. So little time with so much to do. Plus my wife and I are having health issues right now on top of everthing else. I guess we will just so how it goes for now.

I was just in a Bridges Sports center today in Paso and he has leadfree ammo, Im just not sure which brands and Cal. But we aalso have shoot the moon outfitters here and they should have it also. Plus Uncle ed's in Atascadero and Atascadero arms. I would think they all would have it since thats all we are supposed to shoot here. I just picked up a box of e-tips for reload for 300

Just a thought, but if you run out of time and still need ammo, I have a box of new reloads with Barns leadfree bullets for 270. New brass never fired so if you need them and cant get to a store, let me know

HEY BLU,

Thanks for the info and for offering up some of your own. I think I am going to get the Federal Vital Shock. It is at Big 5 here in Madera for $50. I need to start reloading again these prices are unbelievable.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom