Leaving june 3rd for natal

billc

Well the time is coming slowly but getting here. Will be my first trip to natal southafrica. Have hunted all the rest of SA over 6 trips and looking forward to this one. Will be hunting some large free range areas as well as some high fence.

Goal is a big nyala , common reedbuck , mtn reedbuck and I do have a val rhebuck permit. Bushpig and bushbuck also. My son will be going after waterbuck , common reedbuck , mtn reedbuck and then what ever pops up we like when we see it.

We have 14 days to look over 10 areas of over 120,000 acres total. Going to bow and rifle hunt and hoping for some good spot stalk with bow. they also have seen a bull with female colored marking which I hope we see when there. It is very rare and one I wanted after seeing pictures of one a few years ago.

First time flying emirates as I have used SAA for all other trips. I know the airline is better overall but trip over is an extra 15 hours and 8 hours longer coming back. Hope to have a good hunt report when I get back.

91793801_650240945770297_6723138782054318080_n.jpg

Emirates is worth the extra time it takes. If you’re flying business it’s extremely comfortable. If economy class, try to get seat 68A or J. Window seat in row 68 are the two best seats on Emirates A380 flights.

My last 2 trips over were on Emirates. This October, I’ll be flying Qatar Airways business class, which I’m told is every bit as good, or better, than Emirates.

I would take the short SAA out of jfk anytime over the longer flights. Never had any problems with SAA and will use again if they start back up in Oct like they said. Being only 5'7" leg room is never an issue. LOL

Just wish I was doing the longer trip I planned last year but dont feel like doing the extra testing to get into namibia after SA so will do longer trip next year with a group I put together

they also have seen a bull with female colored marking which I hope we see when there. It is very rare and one I wanted after seeing pictures of one a few years ago.
Bill, you didn't say which species the bull is? I assume it's the one in the photo and that it is a Nyala? Is it definitely a bull or could it be a cow with horns? I have seen photos of a few Kudu cows with horns.

Nyala bull with female colors. It happens with nyala but not often,

I will update on how hunt went when I get back for sure

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom