Lee Precision Anniversary Reloading Kit-NEW ??

MichaelJ

Very Active Member
Ok, I can get one of these kits for $90. The kit includes Lee's popular Challenger Press, the precise Perfect Powder Measure, the Lee Safety Scale,the Lee Powder Funnel, a powder dat manual with over a thousand different loads tested and recommended by the Hodgdon Powder Co., a cutter and lock stud to trim cases, an inside-outside case mouth chamfer tool, a tube of premium sizing lube, the Lee Auto-Prime along with a set of shell holders for over 115 different cartridges and a tool to clean primer pockets. I can possibly get it for less. Is this a good deal? How is their equipment? I know I would need some dies, but would this work? I'm a beginner, and won't do any large scale reloading yet. Thanks.

Michael~All Gods creatures welcome... right next to the mashed potatoes and gravy.

Michael, I just responded to your other post but this is a ok kit. The press is cast not forged so its not supper strong but it should do. I would buy spray case lube rather than the paste kind and hornady, rcbs, or redding dies rather than Lee's. Also you should be able to get the kit cheaper from MidwayUSA or Wideners or even Midsouth shooter supply. I have used the lee case trimmers and they work real well. Any other ? just ask. [email protected] Jovan

Michael
I started out with some Lee stuff and eventually replaced it all with RCBS. I would save a little longer and get a better quality kit. I think you would be happier in the long run.

Michael;
I responded to your question in the other forum. I have had numerous buddies that went with Lee because of the cheaper price, and every one of them ending up getting rid of the Lee and going to RCBS or Dillion. I would stay away from Lee and would prefer a good used set made by RCBS over a new Lee reloading set up.

RELH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom