Left handed rifle recommendations

>I'm thinking of buying a left
>handed rifle for deer and
>elk sized game, what do
>you guys recommend?

Browning Bar 338 win mag. Then your kids can shoot it to. ?

>>I'm thinking of buying a left
>>handed rifle for deer and
>>elk sized game, what do
>>you guys recommend?
>
>
>Browning Bar 338 win mag. Then
>your kids can shoot it
>to. ?

I thought the 375 h&h was the ideal youth cartridge?

A bar only goes up to 338 win. By the the way I am the kid. My dad is a left handed shooter. He bought bars so he could had them down to us. He does have one left handed bolt gun. It never gets used. He?s go to Rifle is a Browning Bar in 300 win mag. But I believe he has at least one in every caliber. I got a 30 06 bar for my fifteenth birthday.

Cooper model 92, not 52.

Cartridges? Sky is the limit. It seems like a lot of people want someone new and sexy like the PRCs or the 30/28 Nosler. Fine if you reload. My opinion for Deer and Elk is to get something more common, reload or not, like a .270 win. If that's not enough, the 280 AI is a little more current. The 300 WM should be about the limit.

you don't really have many choices....

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Find an older Remington 700. Don't be scared of the new ones either. Not sure if the new AWR is made in left hand, but I'd be all over it if it is. mtmuley

Honestly, Coming from a lefty, I would just buy a Right handed gun. They are cheaper, much easier to find and more than likely you will hand them down to a righty one day. I have only had one left handed bolt and I sold it. It has never bothered me.

Hello Elkoholic!
Like most left handed shooters I know, I too started out using right handed rifles because they were much easier to find and cheaper to buy. Marlin 336 in 30-30, Remington 660 Mohawk in 308 Win. That was back in the early 70's! As I got older, I stepped up to a 300 Weatherby Mark V (LH) and finally a Sako 338 Win Mag (RH) That Sako finally convinced me, NO MORE RIGHT HANDED BOLT GUNS FOR ME! I just never could get used to that rollover cheekpiece knocking the headphones off my head every time I fired that rifle. I had a flinch from that experience that took me a long time to overcome.
I have since fired just about everything out there, but I own, &
hunt only with rifles that fit me.
Whenever I help a friend with handload development and/ or sight in, I use a very thick "Weanie Pad" on my shoulder and I am not the least bit too proud to admit it.

Elkchaser

Elkoholic,

I have a left handed bolt action Sako in 338 Winchester magnum for sale. I can text or email you some pictures if interested.

Thanks,

Paul

My apologies Hunter0527. I did not mean to hijack your thread.
Depending on your budget, I have owned (and loved) Remington 700 BDL, Winchester Model 70, Sako AV Deluxe, Weatherby Mark V.

Can't go wrong with a Remington model 700 BDL LH in 270 Win, 30-06, or 7mm Rem Mag.

Good Luck

Elkchaser

>Find an older Remington 700. Don't
>be scared of the new
>ones either. Not sure if
>the new AWR is made
>in left hand, but I'd
>be all over it if
>it is. mtmuley

^^^This

Zeke

#livelikezac

Montana is a good rifle. I don't have one, but read just about anything I can find on left handed rifles and the MRC rifles generally do well. I think the x3 is kind of a new model. I would feel confident getting one.

I'm hoping to pick up a left handed 6.5prc in the next few months.
When I do, I'll be selling my 7mm Remington Mag. Weatherby Mark 5 Accumark w/ a 4-16x44 Vortex Viper HS scope.
If your interested.

I have a brand new still in the box Winchester model 70 Classic Featherweight L/H .270WSM I'll sell for $950.00 it has a nice wooden stock. The gun still has the tags on it and is a great caliber that will work for just about everything in north America except the big bears.They don't make these anymore in L/H. Send me a pm if interested.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom