Left over Cow/calf tags

dz

Very Active Member
We picked up 3 left over cow tags today. Headed back to Wyoming. Going to be great hunt with my two oldest children. It will be my 31 year old daughter's first hunt. She took hunter ed at age 11 and they showed a video of gutting and cutting up a moose, and she said she is never going. Can't wait.

DZ

I told her she only needs to pull the trigger and I can do everything else. She came out last year and helped pack one out and enjoyed that part. I don't do the gutless on elk because there is too much rib meat to not get it all. I will on Antelope though. We will be in 104 in December with a nice cozy wall tent. The food is always great, so I'm way excited.

DZ

That's awesome. I was wondering when they say Reduced Price, what is reduced? It looks like the Type 6 tags are still $288 for non-residents. Is the reduced only for residents? Just curious.

Thanks.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-18-14 AT 12:44PM (MST)[p]>That's awesome. I was wondering
>when they say Reduced Price,
>what is reduced? It
>looks like the Type 6
>tags are still $288 for
>non-residents. Is the reduced
>only for residents? Just
>curious.
>
>Thanks.

That's what they call the doe/fawn and cow/calf license in Wyoming and they are a lot less that buck or bull tags. A bull elk tag is just under $600 compared to the price you mentioned for a cow.

Gotcha, that makes sense now. I thought there was a reduced price for the antlerless tags, they are just reduced to begin with.

Thanks.

>Gotcha, that makes sense now.
>I thought there was a
>reduced price for the antlerless
>tags, they are just reduced
>to begin with.
>
>Thanks.

Nope, only cow/calf like type 6 or 7 are reduced price. For LQ type 4 or 5 antlerless, those are the same price as a bull or any tag.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom