Left-Over tags

kilowatt

Well I was online at 0630 PDT and waited to purchase from the Left-Over list the tags we needed.
Right at 0800 MDT the 3 options were high lighted so I started the buying. Purchased the Antelope tags for my buddy and I and printed out all the paperwork.
Then I repeated the same process again for the DEER Region tags we wanted and all went smooth and no problems. Printed out our Conservation Stamp too.

Total time to do both transactions was 14 minutes and there were a total of 621 transactions during that time period of 14 minutes and NO MELT DOWNS AT ALL.

Good luck to those of you that are going this route. I will buy our points later this summer before the last day.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Hello Brian- I also noticed that the online process was smoother this year and I was done in about 15-20 min. One catch....the leftovers disappeared faster in the better units, I think.

WYG&F must have done something different this year with their servers.

Yep, it did seem to go smoother. You're right Doug the leftovers seemed to go much faster. The 186 leftover type 2 Antelope tags for unit 63 went in 2 minutes. I think the reduction in leftover options led to that.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-10-12 AT 10:35AM (MST)[p]The unit 63 tags went faster than 2 minutes. There were ten of us on different computers and we all started submitting at 8:00 a.m. and 1 second. All 186 tags were gone!. Not sure how that happened. Some of us that were applying were residents and some were not. Some one reserved those tags before 8:00 a.m. mountain time.. We kept going back a page and refreshing for two hours and 1 of us got a 62-2. The 63-2 never came up. I had one chance at 9:00 when 63-2 came up and I clicked on it and it said error and tag not available. The left over list still shows 2 left but they will not come up on the purchase list. Strange deal. I had friends that were at the store using the fish and game lic. computer and they did not get a tag either.

Strange deal.

Makes me wonder if they didn't 'reserve' a bunch of tags for those that applied this year with a mail-in application. How can they fairly be processing paper apps at the same time that folks are trying to buy online? Doesn't make sense to me. I was at the Kiosk at 8:00 and when we were allowed to start purchasing, the first screen showed no 63-2 tags avail. Too bad, I woulda whacked on with the new bow.......

I was able to get on and puchase are two antelope tags with no problems. But my area still has tags right now so that helps. Good luck this fall!

I got my two antelope tags in Unit 22 at 8:02 this morning. I'm just happy to be able to go hunting this fall in WY. Up next is to go buy my points for antelope, deer, and elk.

I was able to buy a 63-2 right at 8:00am from home this morning, so there were some available. Was the type 2 new this year for unit 63? Is that why there were actually some left over for a decent public land unit?

I had no issues getting 2 ES tags in 63-2. I was waiting for the buttons to be turned active by refreshing that page. According to my computer they turned on about 30 seconds early. I had bought those and my conservation stamp and.was logged out by 5 minutes after. I was connecting from about as far east as you can go in this country. The leftover list was still showing 5 about 40 minutes after. I was checking and shocked to see that. Strange deal.!

Last year i hit roadblocks a bunch of times once I got to the point of 'submitting' my chosen unit. Error msg. I ended up choosing an alternate unit after an hr+ of frustration. This year no problem but I was not choosing one of the better-known units.

they're going to have to do this a different way....not fair this year at the vendor locations nor the in-person....and the whole comp system is prone to problems. I could hire 5 or 10 of my friends to hang up the system while I get my tag.....ya know what I mean?

LAST EDITED ON Jul-10-12 AT 05:18PM (MST)[p]they're going to have to do this a different way....not fair this year at the vendor locations nor the in-person

What a load of BS...people whine about every friggin thing to do with drawing/buying a tag.

Heres some advice that will hopefully dry up your alligator tears...put down a second choice in the initial draw.

Simple...

These were LEFTOVER tags...meaning not enough interest in the initial draw to get rid of them all.

Still plenty left in other areas.

We bought what we thought was gonna be a crap tag a couple of weeks before the season started. We worked a little bit harder than normal but still hunted public land and harvested 2 respectable bucks by the second day of the hunt and 3 does. Fun hunt, got the tags at a bargin price, and we were nearly the only hunters there other than a few deer hunters.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

I logged in at 800 on the dot for 63-2. I had same issue- 63-2 was not an option but the "left over list" still said tags were available so I kept trying, and trying, and trying.

Then about 8:20- magic. It let me select 63-2 and I got a tag. I guess persistence pays off. I'm stoked.

Everyone and their brother were after those 63-2 tags. Its what a 2pp unit in the special now? Someone had to lose. I went with a different unit and had zero issues.

I will be on the web site next Tuesday for a couple of doe tags.I have got several options so not to worried.
Never have hunted a bad unit in Wyoming.Always have a great time.

Buzz- I wasn't whining....just responding to the posts about folks who were at a regional office or a vendor. Last year I was hung up online for 2 hrs. This year I got my leftover tag, believe me I'm excited, we'll see how it goes as I have no idea at this point whether I'll be able to get any access to private.

I think Wyoming should start a preference system for the leftover tags to make it more "fair" to everyone...

Those 63-2 tags were leftover because they were not listed in the non-resident application book. The type 2 hunt was created after the book was published. Don't expect it to happen next year.

So that's the reason. I wonder how the 16 got taken in the draw if they weren't even listed. Come to think of it, the same thing happened two years ago in a unit close to where I hunt and all of a sudden I saw some Type 2 tags up for grabs as leftovers that weren't even listed for the intial draw.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-11-12 AT 03:14PM (MST)[p]They were listed...just not in the book. Check the draw odds, a few NR's found the source.

Picked up extra buck antelope tags for my 12 year old son and myself to go with our doe tags. System went very smooth and quick. I was impressed. Maybe they just like us non-residents better :) We will try to add a couple archery bucks to our coolers after we fill our doe tags.

Bill

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom