leftover cow elk tags

leonard

I have been researching the Wyoming game and fish website for leftover reduced price type 6 and 7 cow/calf tags. I spoke with the G&F rep in Green River and it sounds like resident and non-resident are group together and its a first come basis. My question is I want to buy a friend and myself tags for the same season in Dec-Jan. Can I complete both purchases if I have the info? How quickly do tags become available as the computer system sells tags? How many cow elk tags can a individual purchase for one season? The unit I was looking at has about 50% harvest success so I think we will get into elk if we hunt for 5-7 days. Thanks

Leftovers are a first come first serve basis and it really depends on which area you are looking at. Some areas will sell out within minutes others wont sell out at all. I believe game and fish changed it so that you are allowed 2 cow tags per person as long as you dont have a bull tag. as far as you buying yours and his you would need to buy yours then log out and log back in under his name and buy his. hope this helped a little

In some units you can have up to 3 cow tags, and you've been able to have 2 for about as long as I've lived in Wyoming (13 years). However, no more than 1 tag can be for bulls.

The other information it right on, some sell out quick, others will be available through out most of the season.

Thanks guys. I'm trying to use time off over the holidays to best use for hunting instead of taking unpaid time off (construction projects). If I can't get tags for late Dec I might try a type 6 which goes thru thanksgiving and there should lots of those available. And success is still around 50%.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom