Leftover licenses

D

DroptineEd

Hey guys,

Looking for some help here. I saw online there are some leftover non resident licenses in Region A,B,D,J and M. Does anyone have any experience doing a DIY hunt in these regions? Which region has the most public land available with a decent deer population? Looking to go with a couple of buddies and hike into an area where we can locate some decent bucks. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

DroptineEd

There leftover for a reason. It's almost all private property. And the landowners know what it's worth to hunt on their property. Not cheap!

I second that. I have a B tag. Have been call landowners since mid July. No luck. Unless I want to spend between $500-$1000 on trespass fees.

That's what I was afraid of. Why issue that many licenses if there is no public land to hunt? Is there any Black Hills area in A or B that is huntable?

There is alot of public land in Region D .I have hunted it several times,but never took a super buck,but 15-18 inch buck is possible.

License quotas are set based on wildlife management objectives- not amount of public land.

If you don't mind me asking what areas in D have you hunted? I have heard a few good things about the Medicine Bow area. Any problems with CWD here? We are looking for an area we can do a motel based hunt and have the ability to get off the beaten path if that is possible. Thanks for the replies guys!

DroptineEd

There are alot of state,federal,BLM land in J and there is alot of BLM land and quite alot of federal in B all you need is a BLM map and a Medicine Bow National Forest Laramie Peak Unit map which you get from the forest service in Douglas Wyoming. I hunted out there in 02 and am hunting out there this year also. If you have a J tag there are some real good walk in areas in J there is one area 61 off horseshoe creek road off 25 near glenrock that is 2300 acres . i am not sure how heavy it gets hunted but the rancher is a nice guy and might let you hunt his other property if you stop in and ask nicely like i did. Any way i hope this helps take care see ya Carl

I hunt the shirley basin area 70.Have hunted the Shirley Mountais and took a nice buck at Chalk Mountain area 66.Not alot of deer ,but if you get away from the roads and glass early ,it is posible to take a nice buck.Most of the bucks I have taken were on the first day of the season.Areas I scouted for a week or so before season.Like I said 15-18 inch buck is a good deer in this area.once in awhile someone takes a big buck ,but not normal.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom