Leftover Tags

LAST EDITED ON Feb-15-13 AT 10:56AM (MST)[p]Ditto that HiMtnHntr!!! here's another one that wants everyone else to do his homework for him! Why do people come on a site and ask things like that when all you have to do is take the time and go in and cruise the G&F website to get most of that information? These types of people don't and shouldn't get much feedback compared to ones that come on and have specific questions after they have spent time on their own searching the net.

For the OP---Go into the G&F website and highlight "Hunting" and then click on "Draw Odds". Then look at the random draw odds section for NRs and the other line for residents. It will show how many tags that final draw had available and how many applied for them. You will see that there weren't many units that had any leftover ones and the few that did had a reason like poor access to public land, etc. You can also click on the harvest survey statistics and it has a breakdown of what was taken in each unit, hunter numbers and hours hunted, etc. It is up through 2011. 2012 stats won't be available for some time yet. Even the marginal units will have a decent bull or two in it, but I doubt anyone will be telling you what unit to go to or rock to sit next to in order to shoot one.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-15-13 AT 10:23PM (MST)[p]I'll do some of the homework for you. Shoot me a pm with your email and I'll send you the 2012 any Elk leftover list.
I normally reprint the list at 8:15 to see how things go for future reference but didn't reprint the any Elk last year, so I only have the starting list.

I have Hard Copies of all species going back like 5 years.

This year I am going to copy them into a folder so I do not have to scan them before Emailing them to someone....

If ya have certain units in mind....

Toss me a PM.....or take W-Bob up on his offer.

Robb

I use PrimoPdf to print all my hunting stuff from the web to a pdf file. There are others out there too, but a pdf printer will make things easy.

A few more days, draw results and birthday cake, woohoo.

Thanks W-Bob for the intel.

I will look into it for sure.

It has become a real pain in the azz to scan 4-5 pages for 2-3 years of historical leftovers and then email them out!! ha

Yup--Feb is a great month--the new Primos Truth elk comes available, Wyo elk results and then the ole B-Day....

Robb

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom