Legal bow in CA

m_freeman

rules say legal bow must cast a legal hunting arrow 130 yards horizontally. I am coming off an arm and back injury, I would think a 35# bow would be legal.

I don't know, but, my first bow was a 45 pound recurve. I'd hate to think that guys were hunting deer with less poundage than that bow had. Maybe the newer tech bows available makes for faster arrows and more penetration for the poundage rating, again, i don't know.

Good luck with whatever you go with.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

a modern compound at 35 will take deer with no problem. Just have to make sure of your shots and keep them close

I'm sure a #35 bow, with the properly matched arrows, would meet the legal minimum. 100 yards is the average shot taken now days.:)

Eel

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom