Leica 15' Geovids VS Swarovski 15's

DonMartin

Very Active Member
Well I finally got use the new Leica Geovid 15's with the built in rangefinder last week on a archery deer hunt.

Here are my plus and minus assessment after doing a side-by-side comparison with both optics.

Swarovski: Like the fixed eye adjustment feature. Sturdy, clear glass. The tri-pod adapter locks onto the Outdoorsman tripod securely. Bat wing eye cups are the only way to go. Cuts out periphal light. No batteries to worry about for full operation.

Dislike: Heavy when carrying around your neck like I do all day. No built in rangefinder.

Leica: Lighter than the Swaros. Pleasure to carry around all day on my neck. Rangefinder works great out to 950 yards. Glass seems to me to be clearer with more true color transmission.

Dislike: COST is very high! Don't care for the individual eye adjustment feature. Don't like eye cup..too hard. Have to pull out lenses, and when I lean on them to look through, they'll push in. When I put up binos in the case for the night with the Leica strap on them, it somehow pushed in the rangefinder button and ran battery down. Got one day use out of a $4.50 lithium battery...now I know I got to carry several extra batteries.

Anyway, just my assessment of these two great pieces of glass. I love my Swaros, have found lots of game with them in the past couple years, hate to part with them, but keeping two pair of 15's just isn't practical.

Don Martin

P.S. anyone who wants the Swaros, they are $1550 shipped to your door!

I had the same thing happen with the button on mine. But my biggest gripe is that the botton is on the wrong side for RH bow hunters to use one handed.
The diopter adjustment on one of mine is getting loose too. It will move when rubbing on my chest while walking.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom