Leica Duovid Binos

R

rnhunter

I was wondering if anyone has anything to say about the Leica Duovid Binos, 10+15x60. Are the multiple magnification options really worth it or do they compromise some quality in the overall product. Has anyone carried these around the hills at all? Are they too heavy for general carrying.

Yes, rnhunter I have a pair of the leica 10x15x50 I like them a lot. I dont think they are too heavy, they are a little smaller than the swarovski 15x56's. I liked these so much I sold my 15x56 swaros. With a good bino strap they aren't too bad. I have carried swar. 8.5x42 els and the 15x56's for a few years can now do it with one pair of glasses.

bigmoosie, Thanks for the reply. You have some good things to say about the Leica's. I imagine you know what you are talking about as far as quality goes having carried swarovs also. Would you say the clarity and low light capabilities of the Duovids are equal to the separate swarovs?

Rn hunter, the clarity is very good, they are also very bright its hard to say which is the best. I personally would go with these over say the 15x56's and a lesser powered glass. I like these but still always pack a spotting scope.

Thanks for the info on the Duovids. I'm thinking of getting some. How do you mount the Leicas to a tri-pod?? M.

They come with their own bino adapter it is a flat piece of rubber with a camera thread on the bottom with a flexible rubber strap that goes over the bino's sounds cheesy but actually works very well. I have used this adapter with several different size bino's and several spotting scopes it worked well with all of them, actually much better then the swar. system.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom