Leica Geovid too heavy?

flyingbrass

Finally got the Geovid 10x42 but I almost think they are too heavy and bulky. Anyone else think this?
flyingbrass
cold dead hands
NRA Life Member

compared to what your old 8x24. that is interesting they are within a few ounces +/- of any 10x40/42/43's i have had

Todd Black
BTO

I been using Zeiss Conquest 10x32 but mostly don't use binoculars.
I added up the weight of the 10x42 Ultravid and added the weight of the CRF 1200 rangefinder and you save an ounce by using the Geovid over both units but it kinda seems heavy.

flyingbrass
cold dead hands
NRA Life Member

12oz difference your Zeiss Conquest are smaller so by nature they would weigh less

I guess since the Geovids have more capabilities they would weigh a bit more but comparable to the same...31oz for what they are is great--trust me you will love them, get you a good bino harness and you won't notice the difference.

Pentax 10x42 25.8oz (non range finder bions)
ATN Omega Binocular 10 X 42RF 36.0oz (non range finder bions)
Zeiss Victory 10x45 T* RF Rangefinding Binoculars 35oz
Burris 300282 10x50mm 27oz
Brunton 10.5X43 Epoch Full-Size Binoculars 25oz, i had a pair of these and thought they were heavier than my geovids.

ya got to compare apples to apples not apples to oranges.

Todd Black
BTO

Get a good Bino Bra, plus one of those Crooked Horn covers that holds them close to your chest so they don't swing (also protects them from dust and rain) and the weight won't bother you at all.

Grizzly

I used to carry the original Leica 7x42 Geovids... talk about a brick! But the performance was wonderful! The new Geovids are lightweights compared to the original model... Get a good harness and forget about the weight! Ovis_Chaser

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom